Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Homer Green Info

Originally Posted By: nellie
Bosman I am sure the pitch was okay this morning and that is why a youth game will be played there tomorrow evening. Is rhodes correct about what Bosman?

Is Rhodes correct about their been problems with the relationship with Copthall? KTFC games for the next few weeks have been changed to away ground for home fixtures and in the last few weeks but to me the pitch is fine, and I cant see how any referee would have deemed the pitch unplayable.

The way the results are going, think its best KTFC take back some home advantage to help in the quest for points.

OK, well if referees are calling off games at Copthall I think it is very poor decision making as the pitch is easily playable and as such the games should be played at Copthall.

Im sure it would help Kentish Town also as to drop down to Div 1 again will be a backward step for a club that wants to go the Ryman League

Bosman08 - Did you happen to notice whether there was a match taking place at the Copthall Stadium this evening, not that I'm doubting Nellie's word of course. Did you make any sense of her post about calling games off as I certainly didn't.

Buck Rogers - Really, the plot thickens then as why aren't Kentish Town's first team playing at the stadium.

Yes, a match did take place tonight at Copthall stadium and I find it difficult to understand why their first team has not played a game at Copthall in the last few weeks, also as to why some games within the next few weeks have already been changed to the oppositions ground.

Something is wrong here I dont believe the referees have been checking the pitches and calling the matches off. There must be something wrong with the groundsharing agreement but maybe this has been specified to the league and accepted, hence why the changes to the matches have been signed off.

Ok, so let's look at the facts. The U18's did, infact, play at the Copthall stadium tonight. Now have we established whether the game was officially given the go-ahead by the referee to play this game or was it sanctioned unofficially by peoples, as yet unidentified?

If the latter, then I just don't know what the heck is going on. If the former, then, well it's anybody's guess isn't it.

What we've got here is a slightly damp pitch perfectly acceptable to your average shot putter and long distance javelinist, but unplayable to a footballer.

Bosman and Rhodes....Bloody hell, it's like Cagney and Lacey of FansForum. Couple of tarts!

lol samuel that made me smile.

The matches that have been cancelled a ref was called and they cancelled the matches, we are unable to cancel a match without a ref being called to inspect the pitch.

As i said in an earlier post KTFC are doing everything they can to make sure no more matches are cancelled and this means making early arrangements to book pitches.

Bosman i will say the same to you as i said to Rhodes....their is not a problem, I really dont know why people are looking for one. If there was a problem why did a youth team play there tonight and why will the other youth team be playing there wednesday night

Originally Posted By: nellie

we are unable to cancel a match without a ref being called to inspect the pitch.
As i said in an earlier post KTFC are doing everything they can to make sure no more matches are cancelled and this means making early arrangements to book pitches.

I still smell a rat and think something fishy is going on, you seem to be blinding us all with science in order to deflect attention away from the fact that Kentish Town aren't playing home first team games at the stadium for some strange reason, why would you book pitches elsewhere and presumably pay big bucks to do so when the one at the Stadium is perfectly playable.

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

What we've got here is a slightly damp pitch perfectly acceptable to your average shot putter and long distance javelinist, but unplayable to a footballer.

Bosman and Rhodes....Bloody hell, it's like Cagney and Lacey of FansForum. Couple of tarts!

I'm certainly no shot putter or javelinist but as a footballer pitch easily playable and has been for some time.

Been called worse than a tart and I think I can remember Cagney and Lacey they used to find out the truth no matter how long it took them :-)

Originally Posted By: bosman08

I can remember Cagney and Lacey they used to find out the truth no matter how long it took them :-)

Bosman08 - You're spot on with what you say and knowing Kentish Town as I do I can smell some sort of cover up. As for Cagney and Lacey they were a female version of Starsky and Hutch and it was great entertainment.

Rhodes why dont we just forget it. I have explained to you and still you dont believe me. I have always told you the truth even down to the day when you asked me " Why do you think people dont seem to like me on Fans Focus" I gave you a truthful answer then and have done so on this subject to.

Oviously you think I tell lies so I wont bother replying again.

Originally Posted By: Nick74
Thats the trouble Rhodes, you have a grudge againsdt KT and you want the whole world to know about it. People couldn't care less, especially us on Kempsters site.

Nick74 - Not at all, just the opposite infact and I would like to see the Club do well however since Clement Temile severed ties with them earlier this season they have barely got a point. Anyway lets see what happens at Watchet Lane this evening and what they're made of, if they can't beat wooden spoonists Holmer Green then there really is something wrong.

• 1 month later...

Is anybody able to keep us abreast of events at Haywood Way this evening, I expect Kentish Town have their ear to the ground.

So weren't Chalfont St Peter at the races tonight or are they simply out on their feet, this must rank as the shock result of the season