Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase protest

The FA Carlsberg Vase

Second Round Qualifying

Sawbridgeworth Town v Sun Postal Sports

Saturday 22 September 2007

A protest has been received from Sun Postal Sports who lost their Second Round Qualifying tie 2-1 to Sawbridgeworth Town.

They claim Sawbridgeworth Town played Greg Hughes at number nine under the name of Dave Hutchison and played Mickey Burrell in goal under the name of Andrew Clark in the tie.

The player Greg Hughes was under suspension and Andrew Clark has a serious hand injury.

Sawbridgewoth Town have been asked for their observations and they must now prove that Greg Hughes and Mickey Burrell did not play and that Dave Hutchison and Andrew Clark did actually play.

This matter will now be considered by a Vase Protest Sub-Committee meeting early next week.

The First Round Proper tie, Hanwell Town v Sawbridgeworth Town on Saturday 6 October 2007 is now on hold pending the outcome of the protest.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAVase/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/vase_decision.htm

Originally Posted By: jayjay
The FA Carlsberg Vase
Second Round Qualifying
Sawbridgeworth Town v Sun Postal Sports
Saturday 22 September 2007

A protest has been received from Sun Postal Sports who lost their Second Round Qualifying tie 2-1 to Sawbridgeworth Town.

They claim Sawbridgeworth Town played Greg Hughes at number nine under the name of Dave Hutchison and played Mickey Burrell in goal under the name of Andrew Clark in the tie.

The player Greg Hughes was under suspension and Andrew Clark has a serious hand injury.

Sawbridgewoth Town have been asked for their observations and they must now prove that Greg Hughes and Mickey Burrell did not play and that Dave Hutchison and Andrew Clark did actually play.

This matter will now be considered by a Vase Protest Sub-Committee meeting early next week.

The First Round Proper tie, Hanwell Town v Sawbridgeworth Town on Saturday 6 October 2007 is now on hold pending the outcome of the protest.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFAVase/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/vase_decision.htm

how else can they win a game if no allowed ringers?

Originally Posted By: alliance boy
Originally Posted By: eagles1981
It has been brought to my attention that KLT is also playing a suspended player, who last year was playing for SLB! Surprised the Middx FA haven't picked up on it!

they have been informed...surprised rhodes hasnt seen paperwork
in his role as 'secretary'

Think you've got the wrong club, alliance boy. KLT= Kingbury London Tigers

I'm not Secretary though am I so I wouldn't see Minutes of SSML Meetings, anyway it's not very gentlemanly of Eagles1981 to bring it up on here, Kingsbury London Tigers won't be impressed with him.

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
Must be talking at cross purposes. I said KLT not KT!

But spill the beans regarding Kentish Town ...

no cross purposes....just saying that being as rhodes is party
to info us mere mortals can only dream of he can keep us up to
date with proceedings

good start to season eagles...keep it up

Originally Posted By: alliance boy
good start to season eagles...keep it up

I don't know how you can say that, out of four home games played so far they have only managed one win and lost twice. Of the five away games they have scraped two wins and again lost twice to fairly mediocre opposition including New Bradwell St Peter who haven't exactly been pulling up trees so far this season.

Originally Posted By: Paula
Love ya avatar Eagles!!

Trust you to notice, have you tried some of those positions then

We've been gradualy getting better but by no means overawed by the opposition, as Rhodes would have you believe when he describes the step up from the Middlesex CFL for us. We can only get better with the players we are missing. We have lost against the better teams this season, from their league position that is!

How would you sum up your season so far Rhodes?

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Paula
Love ya avatar Eagles!!

Trust you to notice, have you tried some of those positions then

Well of course - have you not read the karma Sutra?? Bit difficult at the moment but when the stitches come out and i'm back on my feet again then there are 1 or 2 there that I haven't tried wink