Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase protest

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
How would you sum up your season so far Rhodes?

Pretty decent actually and still unbeaten in the league winning five of our seven games so far however the Cup defeats against Wembley in the FA Cup, Harwich and Parkeston in the Vase, Romford in the London Senior Cup and Welwyn Garden City in the Challenge Trophy have all been disappointing.

Yes I know that but you didn't initially twig I was talking about Haringey Borough which surprised me

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Pretty decent actually and still unbeaten in the league winning five of our seven games so far however the Cup defeats against Wembley in the FA Cup, Harwich and Parkeston in the Vase, Romford in the London Senior Cup and Welwyn Garden City in the Challenge Trophy have all been disappointing.

no fears about getting kicked out for playing ringers then

Sometimes its very difficult to know who you mean when you say 'we' rhodes.

Most of the time on this board when you say 'we' you mean Kentish Town FC though recently you have started to use 'we' more and more to refer to Haringey Borough. There could be reasons behind this that I don't want to speculate on as I am sure the majority of the audience can work them out for themselves.

Furthermore there was a laughable period prior to the England v Israel game when you used 'we' to refer to Beitar Jerusalem though that was of course only 'flash in the pan bandwagonese' from you and has been forgotten.

Speaking of things being forgotten I see you have not answered my question about Toto Tammuz and Clement Temile that I gave a seperate thread to so I've brought it back to the top of the list in case you had. I'd like to know as you seem to have gone very very very quiet on this subject.

Originally Posted By: alliance boy
no fears about getting kicked out for playing ringers then

Well 'we' did manage to win 1-0 at Sun Postal Sports on Tuesday in the Division 1 Cup, perhaps there will be a stewards enquiry.

How would you sum up KENTISH TOWN's season so far Rhodes?

An FA Vase Protest Sub-Committee meeting held on Monday 1 October 2007 considered a protest from Sun Postal Sports on the inclusion of two players of Sawbridgeworth Town who played in the tie under the names of other players. The players involved were Greg Hiughes playing under the name of Dave Hutchison and Mickey Burrell playing under the name of Andy Clark.

Having considered the matter carefully, the Protest Sub-Committee decided that the protest is upheld and as Sawbridgeworth Town have breached the FA Vase Rules by playing an ineligible player in the tie as the player Greg Hughes was under a Hertfordshire FA suspension, The Sub-Committee meeting decided in accordance with its discretionary powers that Sawbridgeworth Town should be removed from the Competition and that Sun Postal Sports be reinstated. The prize fund payment of £600 is now awarded to Sun Postal Sports. The player Mickey Burrell was in fact a registered player and was therefore eligible to have played under his own name.

No costs were included, but Sawbridgeworth Town are fined the sum of £500 and that no entry be accepted into the Vase for Season 2008-09 with a recommendation to the FA Cup Committee not to accept any entry into the FA Cup for Season 2008-09.

The FA Carlsberg Vase tie in the First Round Proper on Saturday 6 October 2007 is now Hanwell Town v Sun Postal Sports.

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Only need to prove that one player was ineligible and they will lose the tie plus prize money and a likely fine on top

Petethegreek certainly knows his stuff apart from when it comes to 'Sugar' getting into the Copthall Stadium on 20 October

Petethegreek certainly knows his stuff apart from when it comes to 'Sugar' getting into the Copthall Stadium on 20 October

Is he banned from the Copthall then? And if so, whatever for??

Jonno - Why don't you ask 'Sugar' yourself in a weeks time when Haringey visit Lowfield, I assume you will be there.

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
Only need to prove that one player was ineligible and they will lose the tie plus prize money and a likely fine on top

Rhodes - If I can predict what the FA Vase outcome would be don't you think that I may be correct on the Mr Achillea issue?

Has anyone actually banned Mr Achillea from the Kentish Town - Haringey Borough match or is it wishful thinking by you?

I think we are now assuming that he just won't show up on the day, that's what my money is on anyway.