Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Wed 3 October

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Lato
why does a cast of unknowns necessarily mean its 'somewhat disappointing'

Lato - Personally I would go to watch 'a name' such as Jason Donovan or Donny Osmond rather than unknowns which is why we're so different and rarely agree, are you a theatre man yourself as well as a film buff

Each to their own.

yes I enjoy a good play once in a while. I'm not really a film buff, just I go for the less mainstream Bond/Die hard/Pirates/Crass comedies that clutter up the megascreen complexes. Tonight for instance I went to see the film 'Control' about the complicated life of Joy Division singer Ian Curtis. Afterwards there was a Q and A with director Anton Corbijn. Not most peoples cup of tea but there you go.

That's interesting, I admire Anton Corbijn's work but thought he was more of a photographer than a film Director, I think he was also involved with Basildon's finest, namely Depeche Mode. Anyway I thought you were late home tonight, did you go with Spidermanor as you seem joined at the hip most of the time.

it was his first film as a director, but you are right he is more known as a photographer especially with the Mode and U2 though also with Joy ivision in 1979. Incidentally he played the drums with the Mode on Top of the Pops once.

I didn't know that, Depeche Mode were one of my favourite bands and the World was their oyster however Dave Gahan blew it when he got seriously hooked on drugs

I think the Mode got as big as they could in America where they were/are humungous. Gahan's drug issues were a by product of the excess of the band.