Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Wed 3 October

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

RESULTS & FIXTURES

WEDNESDAY 3rd OCTOBER

BERKS & BUCKS SENIOR TROPHY

FIRST ROUND

Shrivenham 2-6 Holmer Green

CHALLENGE TROPHY FIRST ROUND

Kentish Town 1-3aet Langford

Originally Posted By: Horace

CHALLENGE TROPHY FIRST ROUND
Kentish Town 1-3aet Langford

What can I say folks, we were winning 1-0 six minutes into 'injury time' when Langford equalised taking the game into extra time, the Forde Park Club couldn't believe it themselves and thought all their Christmases had come at once.

Looks like Football Man can read Kentish Town like a book, spot on with his 1-3 prediction

Blimey, Eagles, are you still angry with New Bradwell because they taught your lot a lesson in being clever? 2-0 wasn't it? I could say that with three balls supposedly being available to the match officials, one was up a jumper, the other two were in the back of your net. lol

Tell you what though, Kentish are the cleverer outfit by not having any fencing, they don't need to hide balls, just kick 'em as far as they can!

Went to the game last night and I have to give great credit to the Kentish Town players, who played really well in the first half when the score was 0-0, then went into the dressing room to find their valuables had been stolen during the first half. There was a delay obviously, but they still came out in the second half got their goal and were within 30 seconds of going through. I can't imagine how they felt and where they found the determination to play so well in the second half. However, it was a shame that at the end of the game, their Coach would not shake hands with our bench or our players, the only reason I can think of is that he was so disappointed to have lost a game they should have won, even so he should be very proud of his team.

Double Whammy! I know what it feels like when valuables are stolen from the changing room!

A certain team member probably thought they could get back at us by stealing our players possessions from the changing rooms in an end of season game recently.

But the fact that his team didn't even make promotion was well worth it and just shows how much SLB beating him actually wound him up!

Originally Posted By: MIKO
and were within 30 seconds of going through.

MIKO - A really nice post, many thanks however make the above ten seconds with the Referee Mr Wynne having played a 'criminal' seven minutes of injury time when I couldn't remember seeing the trainers come onto the pitch. As you say that's possibly why 'the great one' got a bit hot under the collar with the Langford bench in the heat of the moment and he was apologetic afterwards for acting in that fashion, in a strange sort of way though you're lucky that Clement didn't shake hands afterwards as your bench and players wouldn't have washed their hands for a week having been in such distinguished company.

Krooner - Thanks, you're still an allie I see which is much appreciated.

Indeed Rhodesy Indeed.

Still waiting for my invite to Copthall Stadium so that I can shake the Great Ones hand and learn from him for my Level 2 badge.

Krooner - Why don't you try to come down on Wednesday 24 October when we meet Ampthill Town in the Division 1 Cup, I'll roll out the red carpet and we'll have a cup of tea as we don't have an alcohol licence as yet. Hope to see you then and thanks again for your support.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Krooner - Why don't you try to come down on Wednesday 24 October when we meet Ampthill Town in the Division 1 Cup, I'll roll out the red carpet and we'll have a cup of tea as we don't have an alcohol licence as yet. Hope to see you then and thanks again for your support.

smirk

What a huge disappointment Rhodes. I am up in London that evening seeing Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat but I to be honest I would rather be at the Copthall Theatre for a real performance.

Surely you can sell your tickets on e-bay or in Loot and come to the game, you can always see Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat and I've heard it's somewhat disappointing as the cast, other than Stephen Gateley, are totally unknown.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Surely you can sell your tickets on e-bay or in Loot and come to the game, you can always see Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat and I've heard it's somewhat disappointing as the cast, other than Stephen Gateley, are totally unknown.

why does a cast of unknowns necessarily mean its 'somewhat disappointing'. Surely it is the performance that matters not who gives it. I was fortunate enough to see an amateur production of 'Accidental Death of an Anarchist' recently. I had obviously not heard of any of the cast yet they all acted superbly and produced a memorable evening.