Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Apology time (times two)

Dagger03

Apology #1 - whilst it was heat wave conditions on the EastSide, the actual air temp was eight degrees - NOT eightteen as I put in the report - I am reliably informed that the Riverside was basking in near Arctic conditions.

Apology #2 - I have only just got back from Lakeside, and I did not know that the other non league paper also wanted a report - only thing is, they wanted it in by six pm - I have only just sent it off, so just in case it does not get printed, here it is ----

HORNCHURCH 0 DARTFORD 0

A pre-match injury to Mark Janney meant a late re-shuffle for the home side, who had most of the attacking play but few scoring chances. Urchins were up against a Dartford team who defended resolutely and the home side managed only a handful of scoring opportunities. Garry Cross went close, and a Richard Goddard header appeared to be handled by a defender on the line. Junior Kadi went close for the visitors with a free kick, but most of the action was at the other end, where Simon Parker was brought down as he raced goalwards, and a Garry Cross shot was blocked by Steve Norman. Two Joe Keith corners were cleared in quick succession and a Kris Lee flick almost saw Harry Elmes break clear. Dartford’s one hundred travalling band of supporters were well pleased with the result, whilst Urchins own army will now have to cross the river on Tuesday next. Player of the match was named as Urchins’ Jordan Bostock.