Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hoddesdon v Kentish Town

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: eagles1981
When he arrived at half-time

I did say on another's Forum last week that Stacey and Bradley had already got married in Eastenders so why is Jose still watching it. I think your comments above tell me exactly how professional he is, thanks.

He wouldn't be able to watch KT for a full 90 minutes like he will have to this Saturday! Such good things are better in small doses! giggle

Hi All

For the sake of fair play, I thought the HTFC match report was a

little ott and jonno was nearer the mark.Yes KTFC were lucky to be still in it at half time, but you have got to take your chances.Fair play to KTFC for taking the game to HTFC in the second half and inspired changes at the break saw them through.

A great finish by your big front man Rhodes.

Be Lucky

Phoinex - It's good to hear from you again. Yes I couldn't agree with you more, our goalkeeper, who I work with, was in stitches when he read it and said that the author must have been at a different game, possibly Welwyn Garden City v Langford:

HODDESDON TOWN 1 KENTISH TOWN 2

Spartan South Midlands League, Division One

Tuesday 6th November 2007

MISSED CHANCES COST HODDESDON DEAR

Hoddesdon missed out on the opportunity to go back to the top of the table on Tuesday night when they squandered a host of first half chances especially, and then allowed Kentish Town to grab a late, late winner. This was the proverbial game of two halves as the Lilywhites completely dominated the opening forty five minutes, and then put in a second half performance that had the Lowfield regulars shaking their heads in disbelief. Fortunately for Hoddesdon they still have enough games in hand to claw back the initiative at the top of the table, but they will have to perform a little more consistently if they are to maintain their quest for promotion.

Hoddesdon started the game really brightly and kept Kentish Town pinned back in their own half for long periods. There were only two minutes gone when Matt Spiers made a sharp run down the right and squared the ball to Lee Tombs who ended up having to stretch for it, and from six yards somehow scooped it high and wide. The Lilywhites continued to pile the pressure on their visitors, and in the eleventh minute Richard Howard latched onto an Aaron Tourlamain through pass before powering into the penalty area. On another day Howard would have buried the chance, but having managed the go round the stranded ‘keeper the striker saw his on-target effort cleared off the line by Thomas Looney.

The pattern of the open exchanges was good football from Hoddesdon and sometimes desperate defending from Kentish Town. It was a piece of individual skill from ANDY MARTIN in the twenty-first minute that finally broke the deadlock. He collected a Matt Spiers pass wide on the right, controlled the ball well on the run and then weaved his way into the penalty area before going round the ‘keeper and planting the ball into an empty net. 21 minutes, 1-0. Hoddesdon continued to keep the visitors’ back four fully occupied, and they created a number of half chances that should have borne more fruit. Just past the half hour mark Andy Martin had the ball in the back of the net again at the end of a good move, but the offside flag went up for what looked to be a very marginal decision.

One of the Hoddesdon players who was having most influence on the game was centre back Lee Knight who was soaking up anything Kentish Town had to offer, and was setting up home attacks from inside his own half. To a certain extent Hoddesdon lost their way a little from the half hour when a flailing arm from an opponent as Knight shaped to go past him caught the defender full in the face and left him groggy for a few minutes. Knight wasn’t really 100% after that incident, which looked reckless at the very least, but remarkably the Referee seemed to treat it with total indifference.

As the half moved on, chances came and went for Hoddesdon, with Kentish Town posing hardly any threat on the home goal at all. The visitors’ defence was struggling to come to terms with Richard Howard’s bustling style of play, and inside the final five minutes of the half, a couple more chances came his way. In the forty-third minute he tried his luck from just outside the area and put the ball wide, and two minutes later he latched onto a huge kick from Chris Fitkin and fired in a shot that was parried away by the ‘keeper. Hoddesdon then went into the break knowing that they should have been out of sight, and the Kentish Town players were relieved to find themselves only one goal behind as the teams turned round for the second half.

Even from the start of the second half Hoddesdon looked a different team, and inside five minutes they were fortunate not to have been pulled back. Poor defending allowed Lee Scott a free run down the right, but with only Chris Fitkin to beat he screwed his shot well wide of the target. Despite appearing to be a shadow of the first half side, Hoddesdon still created some good chances, and after Lee Tombs skipped over a poor challenge wide on the left in the fifty-second minute he slipped the ball across to Matt Spiers who, from six yards, inexplicably managed to put the ball wide.

Hoddesdon tried to beef up their attacking options in the fifty-seventh minute when Craig Hinton came on to replace Lee Tombs, but by then the Kentish Town players were creating a lot more problems for the Hoddesdon back line, and were putting them under more pressure. Still the occasional chance fell for the Lilywhites, and in the fifty-ninth minute poor defending by the visitors back line led to the ball squirting into the path of Richard Howard ten yards from goal. The reliable Howard would normally make a side pay for presenting him with such an opportunity, but for some reason he snatched at the chance and put the ball well over the crossbar.

There is something nerve-wracking about watching Hoddesdon trying to maintain a 1-0 lead, and once again their failure to take chances and kill off the opposition was exposed. In the sixty-ninth minute, the Lilywhites failed to deal properly with an attack down the Kentish Town left, and they allowed the ball to be crossed into the area where Jonathan Donaghue stole in behind Lee Knight, and his powerful downward header found the back of the net just inside the right hand post, despite Chris Fitkin almost managing to claw it away. 69 minutes 1-1. The equaliser was just the tonic the visitors needed to put their hosts under pressure for the final twenty minutes, and certainly Kentish Town then looked the team more likely to score a second. Hoddesdon were let off the hook fifteen minutes from the end when a shot from ten yards was well saved by Chris Fitkin, and ten minutes later Lee Scott somehow managed to stab the ball wide of a virtually empty goal after another example of poor defending had allowed him to break free inside the penalty area.

There was just a minute of normal time remaining when a carelessly given away pass in midfield led to Kentish Town scoring the winner. The ball was then quickly slotted through to Jonathan Donaghue, who appeared to foul Lee Knight as the two of them challenged for the ball just outside the area, but Donaghue broke free and hit the ball across Chris Fitkin and into the net at the far post. 89 minutes, 1-2. Hoddesdon did throw bodies forward for what proved to be the final four minutes of the game and they managed to win a series of free kicks and corners, for which Chris Fitkin joined his colleagues in the visitors’ penalty area. From one of those corner Fitkin rose beautifully at the far post and from the other end of the field looked to have planted the ball in the back of the net with a great header. Unfortunately for Hoddesdon, the Kentish Town ‘keeper managed to get across and pluck the ball out of the air.

Even one point from this contest would have taken Hoddesdon back to the top of the table, but they should really have taken all three having dominated about an hour of the game. To their credit, Kentish Town changed their formation at half time, and they loaded midfield to break up their hosts attacking options, relying on quick breaks to their lively forwards which eventually proved to be a match-winning formula. The Lilywhites have to move on quickly from this second consecutive defeat, and get back to the form that proved so successful in their first ten games. On another night, playing as they did, they would have scored five goals, and the visitors would have been out of sight by half time. In this game, the second half, and the performance in front of goal, are best forgotten. Mark Mezen was adjudged to have been Hoddesdon’s man-of-the-match, but had he not received the blow to his face in the first half, Lee Knight looked most likely to go on and take that award.

Rhodes, I understand you couldn't make the game as you were presenting a piece of art work painted by the KTFC team to the Town Hall. You get all the best gigs, don't you?

What is more of a shame is that you have once again gone back on your word. Despite promising to hand over your dosh at the game, the charity is still waiting.

Your committee were most embarassed when I met up with them for tea and custard creams at half time.

I have since given the money out of my own pocket. I look forward to seeing you at The Copthall some time next year.

Jonno

p.s well done on the result

Jonno - I suspect that it is that time of the month where clip Rods has run out of money again pending his next pay packet. He cannot afford to travel to away games at such times, let alone find a fiver for an outstanding charity. In any case, Gavin is still way ahead of you in the queue for money from him and my charity is still waiting for £30 too. I think shyster would be a good word to sum him up!

Originally Posted By: Jonno
What is more of a shame is that you have once again gone back on your word. Despite promising to hand over your dosh at the game, the charity is still waiting.
Your committee were most embarassed when I met up with them for tea and custard creams at half time.

Jonno - Not that old chesnut again, why didn't you just get a fiver off one of our Committee and I would have given it back tomorrow, I think you are purposely making a big deal of this to make me out to look like the villian of the peace.
Yes sadly I couldn't make the game as I was attending a very high profile art exhibition on behalf of the Club which could generate thousands of pounds in sponsorship, if this link works it contains some photographs from the event:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ianchri/OneCanvassManyLives

Football Man - I am beginning to wish I hadn't pledged a fiver to the Charity now as it has caused me nothing but aggrovation, also looking on the internet the Hospice appears to have a monopoly where fundraising is concerned and, with all due respect, they are hardly going to miss a fiver out of the thousands, possibly even millions, of pounds they seemingly get their hands on.

I am beginning to wish I hadn't pledged a fiver to the Charity now

True colours showing now, clip Rods. Everyone on here is beginning to see the type of person you really are. I know that 97% of the regulars on this forum will be behind me on that. Talking the talk but not walking the walk. Letting a charity down not once, but twice (firstly on the day of the game and secondly at the Hodd v KT match the other night). How many more of your skeletons will fall out of the cupboard in the next few days/weeks/months? No wonder you are so keen to take weeks at a time away from this forum!

Originally Posted By: Jonno

Jonno - Not that old chesnut again, why didn't you just get a fiver off one of our Committee and I would have given it back tomorrow, I think you are purposely making a big deal of this to make me out to look like the villian of the peace.
Yes sadly I couldn't make the game as I was attending a very high profile art exhibition on behalf of the Club which could generate thousands of pounds in sponsorship, if this link works it contains some photographs from the event:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ianchri/OneCanvassManyLives

are the coppers real or paintings?
as for the rest of the 'artwork'it would of been better used on
5th november

Yes the Police are part of the Fortis Green Safer Neighbourhood Police Team who I was able to talk into doing one of the paintings through my Community work in Haringey. As a result they are receiving huge recognition in the Borough and I gather the Borough Commander is delighted with their participation in the project although unfortunately he couldn't be present himself at the high profile launch last Tuesday due to a prior engagement.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
talking to your self or just having a debate fm?

I bet Football Man talks to himself in the mirror like that guy in the film Sliding Doors