Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-October 17 )

• Photo
    Simon BTFC

• Photo
    Dave Fatboy

• Photo
    harkwar

• Photo
    LMB

Photo

Attendences

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
28 replies to this topic

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Well Canvey are bound to get more as canvey are ryman prem and many people predict southend to do badly and also maybe financial problems do you think many will flock over to park lane on a satarday instead of roots hall

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
In a word no, personally i don`t believe we gain or lose many if any fans regardless of when Southend are playing or how they are doing in the league.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Maybe when they aint playing or away and canvey at home people might come over to park lane again

offline yellow angel

yellow angel
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I have noticed that when Southend are playing away that we do pick up a few of their supporters, also over the years i have seen a few "floating" supporters come our way when Southend have been struggling (although it doesn't involve vast numbers)Have to say it works both ways though, i knew someone that i thought was Canvey through and through, at every game, all kitted up in club colours, then when we dropped down to ryman 1? I next saw them......wearing Southend colours.... in football, what comes around, goes around, at least with some of the supporters......

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
That reminds me of a letter printed in the Echo when our drop was announced. Someone said the club showed a 'complete lack of ambition' by dropping out of the Conference and that he wouldn't watch us again.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
I think come start of season canvey will have a bigger gate than last season

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: JAY

We bloody well better have.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Originally Posted By: JAY

We bloody well better have.

well why not promotion from last year a good pre-seson in which neutruls come and fair prices like admission and etc so why wouldnt canvey have more fans than last season

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
We will have more than last season, I'm convinced of that. However, this being a tougher league, we may not win as many games as we have done for the previous two seasons, so it is by no means a certainty.

We do get a few supporters from Southend and other clubs who come to watch us when they are away. Similarly, some of our fans (myself included) are not unknown to pay a visit to the likes of Southend or Grays when we don't have a fixture. Supporting Canvey is an emotional experience, sometimes it's nice just to go and watch a game and not really mind who wins.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
i dont really think our promotion will gain us many fans, but the premier league is a better supported leauge so we will get more away fans turning up. i think our average gate will be around 370, up a little on last season but not much. did we really have that many more when we were in the conference or were there just more away fans? hopfully im wrong and the fans will come

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
370 was our average in 2006/2007. I'd expect more than that.

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I believe that we can push for a 450 average this season

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
I cant see why not

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
I believe that we can push for a 450 average this season

Like to see it but i`ve certainly got my doubts.

offline canveyspur

canveyspur
  • Reserves
Should hit over 500 at the start then its all down to results, as usual at this level. How we play helps to keep the faithful, but the floating supporter wants to see a winning team. Lets hope we start by winning then win again and again.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I reckon 450 is achieavable. We should get crowds of around 800 maybe more for the likes of Dover, Dartford, Ricay and possibly Hx.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I think we're capable of a full 100 on our 06/07 average of 375 (credit to another). Whether we'll get it or not is another matter and will have a lot to do with our results and away support. I'm not sure we can do it on our own.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
i assumed that we only had an average of about 300 last season. if it was 375 then an average of 450 shouldnt be a problem. the away fans alone will do that

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
We averaged 325 last year, a drop of 13.3% from our first ILN campaign. Still, I reckon 475 is possible.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
you are always more likely to get more "floating" fans the higher up the leagues you are.
Many people who support league sides will not watch ryman one standard footy but some may decide to watch ryman prem as the standard is better
The same will happen the next step up and so on.
My dad wouldn't watch us in the ESL or ryman one north but watched a few games in the ryman prem last season because it was a decent standard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus