Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's Echo

Matt H

Civil servants?

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Civil servants?

He said ESSENTIAL WORKERS!!! When did you ever hear that said about a Civil Servant!!!!! grin

In fact, why are they called CIVIL Servants??? When are they ever Civil, more like 'Will do it when I am ready and not until and I will speak to you how I like Servants'!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Some positive news:

Third time lucky for football club move?

12:00pm Friday 18th September 2009

By Sarah Calkin

A BOYS’ football club being forced from its home to make way for a new road has been offered a different location.

It is the third site earmarked for Canvey Island Youth FC – two previous places were shelved in the face of residents’ objections.

Castle Point Council’s cabinet agreed to release land at Waterside Farm to relocate the club from their current ground in Haven Road.

A new ground must be found for the club to make way for Essex County Council’s £12million scheme to link Roscommon Way with Haven Road.

Pam Challis, Tory leader of Castle Point Council, said: “Cabinet agreed in principle to relocate the club to Waterside Farm.

“My colleagues and I recognised this would be the best location for the club.

“This will allow the extension of Roscommon Way and assist the regeneration of the western part of Canvey.”

In the past five months two planning applications for a new base for the club were submitted to Castle Point Council, then withdrawn. The first was in another location in Haven Road and the second was land south of Canvey Island Football Club’s Park Lake stadium. Both were rejected because of public opposition.

Club vice president Michael O’Brien said: “In light of the number of time our hopes have been raised previously, we are cautiously optimistic and we will wait and see the details of the council’s proposal.”

Previously the club had said Waterside was unsuitable due to waterlogging of the land, but they have been assured by Essex County Council the necessary work will be done to improve the ground.

The work will be funded out of the budget for Roscommon Way as the county council is obliged to offer the club a replacement pitch under planning rules.

County Council spokesman Michael Page said the council could not discuss exact costs until a final decision is taken on the relocation.

He added: “Essex County Council’s preferred approach is to relocate Canvey Island Youth FC to land on Waterside Farm.

“Discussions are still ongoing with the club and Castle Point Council. Our aim is to find a solution that is favourable for all parties.”

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/castlepoint/4635610.Third_time_lucky_for_football_club_move_/

Guest MOB on the rock

Sadly all smoke and mirrors, we have since found out tha Castlepoint are putting such tight conditions on this, we cannot move. It looks like back to the drawing board!