Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE OFFICIAL HISTORY OF HORNCHURCH FC

Dagger03

Have really enjoyed reading the book so far and all the contributions,also I must be able to put together two teams of people I know personally who have played for Hornchurch,including Hasbeen who made 1 subs appearance some time between the second world war and now!!!

One thing which is slightly disappointing which is missing from the book is the formation of the Supporters Association which was formed over 2 years ago now,I am sure it is just an oversight but many people have given alot of time up to get the SA up and running and although I am sure none want any recognition personally I feel that it is a small part of the history which warrants a mention,especially as the clubs other supporters clubs have been mentioned.

• 9 years later...

Spence asked - Did the Hornchurch FC history book ever get published ??

Yes - the orginal book was published in 2011 and has subsequently been updated to include a season by season review (from 1923 to 2011) - the update is published in the match day programmes, one season at a time. (I did not publish the updated history in book form as the cost was prohibitive).

A second book (The Official History of AFC Hornchurch) was published last season - this was 200 pages in length and covered the period when Hornchurch FC was known as AFC Hornchurch, and a few copies are still available, at £15 each. If you want one, send me a PM (as the shop is not open at the moment due to Covid) - You can contact me on AFCHTM@HOTMAIL.CO.UK

And Yes, there will be a book to cover the 'Trophy' season. I will post details on a separate thread. 

For the Trophy book I hope to be able to include photos of all the players - and if anyone has any photos they feel could be included, please contact me.

The book will include details of all matches (including league games) and will have profiles of all players.

Supporters' contributions will be welcomed, so if anyone wants to write a page or two, let me know.

I hope that some of the players and management will also be prepared to contribute their written thoughts of the season.

The Supporters Association was founded in 2009 at my suggestion, and has since grown to become a very important part of each match day, and I doubt if our home matches could have gone ahead without their input, so I intend to ask one of the current committee members to cover their activities and achievements.

Tony