Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 2nd March - Fixtures, Results

Attendances will always vary as they is no set procedure for recording it - do you do a head count, do you include all the freebies in the count (ie club officials or reserve/youth/injured players watching, then of course at what point do you do this head count or do you work it out from the gate money actually taken. Then of course is the time you do the headcount as a lot of people may arrive after the gate attendant has decided to call it a day.

Then again at the end of the day is an attendance figure at our level really that important.

For instance we played Southall the other week if there was 20 people there I would be surprised yet the attendance was recorded as 50 ?

Ive noticed that at some of the Southall games i have been to this season.

Don't know how clubs get the attendances figures wrong.For instance we played Southall the other week if there was 20 people there I would be surprised yet the attendance was recorded as 50 ? I've seen some ridiculous figures recorded at some of our away games maybe some people just can't count or just big the figure up.

Yep quite a few do this I'm sure it's to try and make people look at them and say 'hey thats impressive' I've been to games where, there is nobody there we have taken over 10-12 the only people watching them are a couple of committee and the attendance gets recorded as 50+ they must be counting players, subs, managers etc lol. KB yes attendances figures maybe aren't important so why declare them and certainly why make them up? I did ask the question the other night particularly for clubs who play outside and sometimes nowhere near their town/village, nobody watching them barring a few committee, who is this club for? Certainly not the people of the teams town/village.... and as for giving players and managers a club to be involved in there are plenty around so I don't buy that.

Yep quite a few do this I'm sure it's to try and make people look at them and say 'hey thats impressive' I've been to games where, there is nobody there we have taken over 10-12 the only people watching them are a couple of committee and the attendance gets recorded as 50+ they must be counting players, subs, managers etc lol. KB yes attendances figures maybe aren't important so why declare them and certainly why make them up? I did ask the question the other night particularly for clubs who play outside and sometimes nowhere near their town/village, nobody watching them barring a few committee, who is this club for? Certainly not the people of the teams town/village.... and as for giving players and managers a club to be involved in there are plenty around so I don't buy that.

Think Rhodes was guilty of the crime when at Tik Tok....he used to add a few on to make the official figures swell to an impressive 3 or 4.

Was not let down with my match choice on sat. Great game by all acounts, drama right to the end with the disallowed goal!!

Sets up next weeks game nicely with Holmer Green in the battle of the league's two worst form teams. I'm thinking of having headphones in for that game, I'm going to have the Benny Hill theme on repeat to accompany the defensive displays I'll be watching.

Edited by Rebadiah Hongfield

Don't know how clubs get the attendances figures wrong.For instance we played Southall the other week if there was 20 people there I would be surprised yet the attendance was recorded as 50 ? I've seen some ridiculous figures recorded at some of our away games maybe some people just can't count or just big the figure up.

Hatfield Town were always guilty as charged for this sort of thing and it was so blatant, they didn’t just add half a dozen or so and you would have thought the game was at Old Trafford or the Emirates