Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Lee Turner at Southend...?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Did my eyes deceive me or was that him on Sky Sports on the pitch at the end of the Canvey match with the Southend players...?

offline Brian A

Brian A
  • Trainee
I also thought I saw Lee T. The other points I thought of interest (apart from the result!) were two comments by Martin Tyler, the gist of which were:
"All 1st round matches have an assessor watching the referee, tonight Paul Alcock is here, referees definitely perform differently when they are being assessed as evidenced by Mr Kettle and the number of cards shown tonight" - do you reckon anyone produces comparison stats on cards shown in assessor attended games vs those not attended?
"Mr Kettle's got the wrong man there, he wants no 15 not number 5, maybe he's having trouble seeing in these lights which are not the best" - he wants to be there when only two pylons are working!

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
Missed that game. How did Boylan do????

offline I.C.@G&NFC

I.C.@G&NFC
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Quote:
Brian A said:
"All 1st Round matches have an assessor watching the referee, tonight Paul Alcock is here. Referees definitely perform differently when they are being assessed as evidenced by Mr Kettle and the number of cards shown tonight". - Do you reckon anyone produces comparison stats on cards shown in assessor attended games vs those not attended?
"Mr Kettle's got the wrong man there, he wants no 15 not number 5, maybe he's having trouble seeing in these lights which are not the best" - he wants to be there when only two pylons are working!

Trevor Kettle was infamous in his time as a Conference level referee. Card-happy just doesn't sum him up, why do you think he was promoted to League football. His actions didn't just change the outcome of games, but whole seasons.

offline Nols1974

Nols1974
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
To be fair , even though there were 9 yellows , they all looked justified

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
However, there was the classic mistake he made towards the end of the game when tried to send off a Canvey defender for a second bookable offence, only to realise that he hadn't already booked him and then correct himself by showing him just the yellow card as a result.

offline Nols1974

Nols1974
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Its easy to lose count !

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
The man's record speaks for itself. He's a tyrant!

2003/04 Games: 12 Yellow Cards: 56 Red Cards: 7
2002/03 Games: 10 Yellow Cards: 40 Red Cards: 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus