Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Away supporters

I am Spartacus

It seems to me that the players are performing better away than at home as they do get nothing but support and encouragement from those supporters who travel away at the moment rather than the negative comments etc from that very small minded group of so called home supporters.

Now will await the accusations that I am brown nosing it.

I am sure the players are a bit more profesional than that, what little negativity there is at home game will not make a difference to them. Simple fact is that they have clicked and got the monkey off there back, besides we have played well at home for the most part without finding the net.

Honestly think you've nailed it there. That small minded group of so called home 'supporters' could definitely learn a thing or two about encouraging & supporting the team from those who went yesterday - special mention to Luke & his mates for their non stop singing throughout, as well as the usual suspects like Terry etc.

Was great to see the team full of confidence & responding to our support, genuinely think it makes all the difference - hopefully we can carry that on at home games too!

They always do put the effort in though. No player steps out onto the pitch with the intention of performing poorly. I feel as long as the team tries their best, the fans should stick by them & encourage them whatever happens.

If they've had that much of a stinker, they'll be beating themselves up / getting a rollicking from the manager, they don't need us on their backs too.

That's why I think things like booing & jeering are counterproductive. It undermines the teams morale & helps nobody.

They always do put the effort in though. No player steps out onto the pitch with the intention of performing poorly. I feel as long as the team tries their best, the fans should stick by them & encourage them whatever happens.

If they've had that much of a stinker, they'll be beating themselves up / getting a rollicking from the manager, they don't need us on their backs too.

That's why I think things like booing & jeering are counterproductive. It undermines the teams morale & helps nobody.

We'll just have to disagree on that then. Criticising makes you no less of a supporter.

totally agree Blackz.......really can't see players talking to each other before ko and saying 'i'm not up for this today i'll think i'll play crap' 

I think it's true that the fans at most clubs who go away are more vocal. Possible reasons:

They are the hardcore.

An away game is more of an event, a day out, so people are more enthusiastic.

Away fans are outnumbered so are more vocal to compensate.

More time spent drinking alcohol may play a part in some cases.

Away fans won't face a ban if something rude is shouted as they are only visiting once a year, so less in fear of the thought police.

Be nice to see the players run over to the fans at the end of a home game, which im sure they will do when they win.

I think they've been too embarassed by their performances so far at home.

as well as the players applauding the fans at home games if they lose they should refund the supporters their 'hard earned cash' also just to put things right  :rolleyes:

To be fair, it's some of the supporters that should be embarrassed with what they've been like at home games, not the players.

Sadly it seems to be the norm to make no noise at all apart from booing the players off or the geniuses singing anti-Terry Brown songs.

Hopefully we can have a bit of positivity & support at Hartsdown Park next weekend.

not picked up on the anti TB chants but sure it goes on in some sections of the ground....... I say it again, going up a league was not going to be a easy ride, added with that the new players (most of the starting 11) things take time and patience required by supporters.  But hey things at present are looking up with two great wins, the confidence returning to the team,  normal service resumed, lets hope so !!!!!!

Archived