Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hendon v Enfield Town

littlehampton

North London derby matches are always highly unpredictable affairs, and Town will certainly need to be on top of their game, to continue their climb up the table, when they travel to Silver Jubilee Park to face Hendon in the Ryman Premier Division tomorrow.

Nine weeks ago we entertained the Green's at Donkey Lane in the league and beat them 6-0. Gary McCann has made a number of subsequent changes to his team, with a number of comings and goings. Whilst Hendon are currently 17th in the RPD table, some of their recent results send out a clear warning that we face a stiff challenge, and there is no room for complacency.

The match will be played on the 3G pitch at Hendon's new ground, and Town will be hoping for a good start, after coming from behind in our previous two matches. We have the momentum, character, and determination to win this match, but will need another high-energy 90-minute team performance to secure three points.

Very best of luck to Brad and the boys. Let's show we want it more than them guys!

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

Thanks seemgee. This was always going to be a difficult game for us on artificial turf. But bragging rights shared today in the north London derby, our unbeaten run continues, and this is another very welcome away point. Well done everyone. Please let us have YOUR thoughts on this match.

Could have sworn it was Gabriel who gave away the Pen. But then eyes are still not as

good as they were.

I thought Mickey Parcell showed bags of energy, especially in the second half.

It was his persistence that earned the penalty. Unfortunately, one or two others

seemed to lack the same energy levels but that may well be as a result of

Tuesday's endeavours. Kirbs was again outstanding in defence.

Overall though, I think with a little more composure in front of goal we could have edged it.

On a wider note I thought that both Wynter and Ottaway were given little

protection by the REf. from some of their No5's "tackling" which at times would

have been better accepted at "Twickers". Mind you the ref. got little help from his

assistants as much of his pushing was from behind.

I often wonder why "Assistant Refs" are called that since they rarely Assist. If the

governing bodies want to use new fangled names then why not call them "Line

and Offside judges". It seems more apt because that seems to be their terms of

reference.

Would have been nice to have won but another point is grist to the mill.

Their penalty should not have been given. Ours a little less conclusive I would say 50 50. But we drew. We played well at times but Hendon were pretty good I thought. Particularly compared to our last meeting.

I wish we would play the pass to our nearest player a little more often though.

Apart from that we have the best collection of players in the league I think. I am still predicting a hiding for someone soon.

Archived