Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 19-August 17 )

• Photo
    behindthegoal

• Photo
    theabbeyabbott

• Photo
    gerk

• Photo
    mafa1978

• Photo
    fatman

• Photo
    lower league

Photo

Ash Trees 2 Blues 1

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline Swifty

Swifty
  • First XI - Sub

WE WON!!!

Thoroughly deserved win against an Arlesey side who played well but parked the bus after they equalised and gave away quite a few free kicks on the edge of the box, plus there were a few more the ref didn't give but should have.

Best Ashford display for a long while, with the team working as a whole and with some lovely interplay. We should have won by more, but a combination of easy saves and profligate finishing kept the score on a knife edge. Bayley gave us the lead with a 35th minute thumper from near the edge of the box, and we were on top until Arlesey equalised with their first meaningful effort of the game, despatched into the corner from ten yards out by Arel Amu in the 55th. Despite having few shots, Arlesey could have had a second when an askew back pass resulted in Russ clearing the ball off the line. We pushed, probed Arlesey's double back line and never gave up and got our reward when Tommy Brunton unleashed a corker from 15 yards out in the 74th minute. Hope Sammy's substitution was just precautionary - man of the match in my opinion.

Thanks to Simon Munns for sorting out the new mic at half time. Hoping to make Kempston Rovers away on Tuesday, providing some poor soul can give me a lift back afterwards!

offline Tel

Tel
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Ashford Town
  • Foes: No person supporting local football should have any foes
Eddie, in my opinion and as you say only one choice for M O M. Sammy he worked his socks off up and down the flank.

We should have had it sewn up earlier, too many shots off target or directly at the keeper.

Russ who cleared off the line had a good game

offline smoking-gun

smoking-gun
  • Reserves
Much better by Ashford, good to watch the lads play a passing game instead of the long ball all the time. Couple of new faces in the team today,are they perminant or on loan?
A goal apiece for Bayley Mummery and Tommy Brunton,both well worked goals and both well taken, the number of passes and the movement involved for Tommy's goal was a joy to watch.
Hopefully Ashford will shrug off the poor form and gain some confidence from this result because the frailties within the team are still obvious (Arlesey's goal being a prime example) but enough of that, i will take pleasure in Ashford's win and hope they carry the confidence and belief into the next game.
For me Ashford's man of the match was Max Herbert.

offline Swifty

Swifty
  • First XI - Sub

The new faces were central defender Devante McKain (whom I christened "Big Dave"), who's on loan from Staines Town for a month, and Theo Alexis, described on our website as a physical central midfielder, who's on loan from Barnet. Fish is out for the rest of the season after his jaw op, and Joe Green's out for at least a month through injury. 

offline ashford follower

ashford follower
  • Trainee

I enjoyed yesterdays game I thought we tried passing all game rather than go long proof to that was the goal scorers 2 x brilliant goals ! the team worked hard all game thought flem was brilliant as was samad  my mom, credit to ben and his team they have worked hard on the training pitch and to bring in the new faces to help us out  a good deserved 3 points

offline manurgrate

manurgrate
  • Reserves

2 excellent goals, some fine individual performances and the team worked very hard. Devante did very well to slot into the back four as did Max Herbert at left back, who was my MOM.

And most importantly, three points. Well done fellas.

offline Swifty

Swifty
  • First XI - Sub

I thought flem was brilliant

Interesting to see Fleminho operate deeper and on the wing to help out, and also seeing him clapping and encouraging his teammates. That was his best 'interplay' performance yet in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus