Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kingstonian V Enfield Town

DerekR

I have little faith in the manager.

Today we play Merstham, a team in the lower reaches of the league and which, on past results we should beat. However I will tell you now how we will play.

We will have a good first 15 minutes with balls flying in and several chances one, hopefully two, we may put away.Merstham will play deep and our wide men will be able to put balls into the  box, our strikers may score but, in all probability, will fluff their chances and the ball will come back to the midfield who will try their efforts. There may be some decent shots there which may hit the target or rebound, as a loose ball, to the forwards who will put them in.

After around 15 minutes, if we haven't scored, Merstham will change their tactics and produce a more methodical approach, playing the ball through the midfield and out wide as we tire they will become more and more threatening until they get their chances against a slow defence. They may then put the ball away or we will be saved by Joe who produces another phenomenal display.

At this point if Merstham are leading we will either collapse or retreat into our shells until the late second half recovery. When we will draw level or go in front depending on our luck earlier.

The tactics have been the same throughout our home games and I am fed up with them.

There has been little change in personel in the positions that matter when we did change the team completely due to injury, births and illness (Harlow) we were very much better organised.

In my view the manager is too loyal to many of his older players and does not adapt to different styles and tactics. Our problem now, as has been hinted at in earlier posts, is that players do not want to come here. I actually don't think it is the manager's fault except that he has allowed the team to stagnate. Good players do not want to come here at this stage of the season as they can see no hope of medals or reward.

If Andy stays for the rest of the season, and I think that is a big if, he may have the opportunity to build a side towards the end of the season when players from other clubs realise that their chance of medals has gone and look to opportunities for next season. If Andy is here around March then he has to bring in new blood from outside or promote good players from the reserves.

A worst case scenario is that we do not develop the team and next year we find ourselves in exactly the same position as this season except we are looking for a new manager in October/November.