Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

• Photo
      19 Jun
    codpiece

RT @Coral: England's goals came from two corners with Harry Kane scoring in the box. When you remember you had Harry Kane taking the corne…

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-June 18 )

• Photo
    onebreast

• Photo
    Longshanks

• Photo
    Krooner

• Photo
    wxmfc2000

• Photo
    sidney

• Photo
    brookboy

• Photo
    Barrymono

• Photo
    Crusher

• Photo
    2ndYellow

what club has the best Burgers ???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
46 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
What club to you think has the best burgers?

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
I'm doing a top ten burgers of the Premier League (which isn't fair to the grounds I haven't visited this season) and would go to say Purfleet BUT the "Fleetburger" wasn't available when 'Ricay played there so they come last on a technical knockout!!!<p>Best burger I have had this season isn't from a Permier league club but from a 1st division club. Dulwich Hamlets burgers (the 1/2 pounder) is brill. Two 1/4 pounders of big, juicy, meaty burgers, stuffed into a quality bun with raw onions..................<p>Oooooooooooo, I'm drooling.<p>Dulwich Hamlet are No. one this season so far as an invitation side in my Top Ten list.......

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
no i think canvey has the best burgers and i try and sample as many as i can normally about 3 a came The lovly !!!!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
The Best Burgers must be Grays Ath ,The 1/4 pound Cheese Burgers mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
Ooooooo, I forgot Grays....<p>Not bad, not bad.

offline BTFC Norway

BTFC Norway
  • Spectator
I've only tasted two different burgers on non-league level, Purfleets some time in 1998 and Billericays own burgers, and my vote goes the 'Ricay!<p>Have been on Aldershots and Bishop Stortfords grounds too, but didn't get time to get any burger!<p>Per-Helge

offline EFM The Firm, The Voice

EFM The Firm, The Voice
  • First XI Coach
Well what a surpise, Canvey saying they have the best burgers!
I don't think anyone who has eaten at Walton & Hersham can vote for anyone else, they are miles ahead!

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Bristol City
  • Foes: Chelmo Urghhhh....
Burgers are one thing, but what about the meat and potato pies we munched at Halesowen? Not many clubs in the south seem to go in for much else than burgers and chips (some noteable exceptions).<p>Merv CIFC

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
EFM, the Voice....<p>Everything about Cnavey at great. Just ask a supporter.<p>(Now, I wonder if anyone will "bite").

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
You're spot on Gazza, Cnavey is great, but not as great as Blicarerey.<p>Merv CIFC

offline Bald_Eagle

Bald_Eagle
  • Youth Team Coach
  • rank
I think that everyone has completely overlooked Chalfont St Peter. In my 9 years of following the eagles home and away I have never tasted a better bacon 'avec' brown sauce roll as I did in that nice little town of Chalfont, shame there team was atrocious and there kit left a lot to be desired, however can't fault the old dears in the kitchen.<p>CANT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW, WE MAY JUST DO IT....

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
When enfield f.c played bedford (2-2) The burgers up there where nice! Still say that chesham do the best burgers.

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
I should do a "sweep" on who will respond to me when taking the p*** outof Canvey.<p>I'll go for Merv, everytime. Should win some cash.<p>Shame about CANV though. Wots wrong, don't he luv me anymore???? Come on CANV, lets have some banter, Merv fights unfair and starts quoting people. Not fair, I'll tell my Mummy.

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GazzaBTFC:
<strong>Merv fights unfair and starts quoting people. Not fair, I'll tell my Mummy.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>That is blatently untrue. What criteria are you basing that statement on? And before you start going on about...<p>Whoops!<p>Merv CIFC

offline GazzaBTFC

GazzaBTFC
  • Youth Team Coach
LOL....<p>Nice one....

offline Ron Merlin

Ron Merlin
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC
  • Foes: Guess
Well, speaking from an Essex Senior League point of view, I'd have to say Basildon United - fillet steak in a bun!!! Amazing but true. Also Netherne Village FC for the sheer beauty of their bacon baguette... It might sound mickey mouse, but we've certainly eaten well this year.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EFM The Firm, The Voice:
<strong>Well what a surpise, Canvey saying they have the best burgers!
I don't think anyone who has eaten at Walton & Hersham can vote for anyone else, they are miles ahead!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I have to agree they are really good. Mushrooms Onions the works. The Hot-dogs are good as well.<p>I can't comment on Canvey's burger cos they sold it while I was queueing images/icons/smile.gif" border="0

offline Cressing Toad

Cressing Toad
  • Reserves
The worst burger i ever had was at Gravesend and Northfleet in 1997. The bun was dry, the burgers were suss (hopping around like Roo meat does, the onions were sold out, the sauce watered down, not a piece of vegetable to be found at the burger hut near the corner flag, far end of the ground. Is there another hut there? Or was that it? My problem undountedly is i've spent a fair while downunder. A burger is a gastronomic delight, not only do you get a quarter pounder (always)and onions, but also grated carrot, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheese, and beetroot. You tell 'em what you don't want or they just keep going. all for less than a couple of notes. Better still is a works burger, real slice of runp steak plus a hard fried egg and pineapple ring, they spear it with a huge cocktail stick to help keep it together. Eating its a work of art, you nibble the edges so not to have liquid running down ya arms and all that for about 2.50. <p>A couple of years ago i had a burger (chips were worse) from bedford Town, that was possibly more hideous than the GNFC effort, I hear the Italian lokking/sounding guy has now lost the franchise but the memory will remain forever. This cheerful wapp telling me I was about to enjoy the best burger ever hahahaha!<p>[ 09 March 2002: This message was edited by: Iron knob ]</p>

offline Bald_Eagle

Bald_Eagle
  • Youth Team Coach
  • rank
I dont know, first our beer and now our burgers.
I will not retaliate, hopefully I will have something to sing about this evening.<p>COME ON YOU EAGLES.

offline Merv

Merv
  • First XI - Sub
Don't worry Bald_Eagle Venegoor of Hesselelink (not many of them to the pound!), although I found your beer choice limited, the burgers were OK by me and the advantage that with so many burger bars open, service was quick and friendly.<p>The main memory of coming to your place, food and drink apart, was the friendly welcome, good facilities (refreshment bars, clean toilets, good rain cover and a good view), easy to find and plenty of free parking. One of the nicest away venues we've been to.<p>Merv CIFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus