Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Boylan

Canvey_girl

Probably another 4 weeks I would think.

Absolutely right Yellow Angel. We are extremely lucky to have Lee at our club but I have to say that I really cannot understand why with all the goals he has scored over the last few seasons, a league team has not been in and signed him?

Lee is certainly a good enough player to score goals in the league without a doubt. Why do you think that apart from one game for West Ham as sub in the Premier League and a handful of games for Exeter City a few years ago, that Lee has not been given a chance to play regular league football.

During the games where Lee has been absent and especially the first few games after his operation, there has been instances when you just knew that Lee would have put it in the net It will keep happening too because you will have to go a very long way to find a striker of Boylans calibre at this level.

Perhaps thats why he hasnt been snapped up by a senior club! Is too much money beeing asked or not enough being offered.

I would love to see him play at a higher level, but my selfish side says, 'I want him to stay'.

I wonder if his health problems and the fact he still has to take medication puts clubs off.

Can't wait to see the Boylan & Ibe partnership develop this season, potentially lethal. Jason on the bench raring to go for the last 20 this season and then he'll give Jeff a real selection headache!

i dont think they will hit it off as a strike partnership straight away.. boylan like to run onto to through balls and ibe likes to run through centre backs.. hallet put a great ball into space but ibe didnt even react, its just not his style to play like that or put in other players like that.. i can see greggors/hallet and boylan as a better combo initially.. but with a bit of time ibe and boylan could be special

With all the strikers we have now, i wonder who will put up with being on the bench or not even in the squad.

Is there any room for Greggors anymore with Hallett coming through to join Ibe and Boylan? Also, what of Tait, who is being underused right now? He was quality last year for Crawley, especially against us. I can understand that with Ibe and Hallett playing well and Boylan coming back it will be difficult for him to break in the side, but will he put up with it?

When everyone is fit i would of thought that greggors would be the one left out. Boylan & Ibe to start and then tait & Hallett on the bench. Tait is on a 2 year contract so if he wasnt happy sitting on the bench then he would only be able to leave if we were to accept a fee for him.

Tait proved last year he is a quality striker at this level. Isnt it a great dillema to have such a good set of strikers at the club.

I fancy Tait might play against Hereford. Although Jason has done superbly we could do with a bit of experience against a decent Hereford side. Think he or Greggors could start.

"If it ain`t broke don`t fix it"

If Hallett is fit then i think we should keep starting him, he is a bit raw but he makes up for that with his eagerness to impress. Gregory is still the best forward we have for holding the ball up and winning headers but he`s not going to chase defenders down like Hallett does.

As for Tait,in the few games i`ve seen him play i think he`s somewhere inbetween, not as good as Gregory in the air or holding it up but more mobile around the pitch, not as mobile as Hallett but has more composure and a good awareness of players around him.

It`s a long season and i`m sure Tait will get his chance, hopefully he will grab it when it comes. Competition for places can only be good for the club.

Quote:
ronin said:
"If it ain`t broke don`t fix it"

If Hallett is fit then i think we should keep starting him, he is a bit raw but he makes up for that with his eagerness to impress. Gregory is still the best forward we have for holding the ball up and winning headers but he`s not going to chase defenders down like Hallett does.

As for Tait,in the few games i`ve seen him play i think he`s somewhere inbetween, not as good as Gregory in the air or holding it up but more mobile around the pitch, not as mobile as Hallett but has more composure and a good awareness of players around him.

It`s a long season and i`m sure Tait will get his chance, hopefully he will grab it when it comes. Competition for places can only be good for the club.

Agreed, Hallett has worked hard for his chance and has taken it in some style. In my opinion the position is Hallett's to lose, and Lee may even have to force his way back in if Jason keeps improving as he has been.

the reason boylan has not moved up may be to do with insurance the same as tony roberts. you get a big insurance pay out as a player when injury stops you being a pro. hence not being able to move back in to the football league.