Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tomorrow's game against Ware

YELLOW

Ooh it's chucking it down out there at the moment.

Hope the pitch can hold up with all this rain.

If the match goes ahead tomorrow I predict a 2-1 Canvey win in front of a crowd of 380.

Looks like Ruggy will still be out with a groin problem so either Lucky or Leon to partner Jay Curran up front.

That's great news. Well done to those who have done a brilliant job in preparing the pitch.

A frustrating game. They had one chance and scored it whilst we dominated possession but didn't really test their keeper even when they were down to ten men.

Clydie Roberts thoroughly deserved his man of the match award. Great goal and a really hardworking display in midfield.

I think we badly missed Ruggy today. Jay and Leon tried but didn't seem to hold the ball up as well as Nicky does.

With Maldon and Wingate both winning it makes things a little edgy but both Sudbury and Enfield Town seem to be going through a dodgy spell so as long as we keep this unbeaten run going I'm sure we'll be OK.

Now 8 league matches unbeaten since the New Year but we could do with beating Aveley next week.

Crowd of over 370 was also a positive.

A lot of questions started go through my head during and after the game.

As you say Yellow, "frustrating". We seem to be picking up the points and have a good unbeaten run but there is still a nagging doubt in the back of my mind about the play offs - perhaps it's me and I'm just being a doubting Thomas until we can finally confirm a play off place and then turn around and say "knew we would do it".

You look at the table and the games we have left and teams who have games in hand and it's getting a tad nervy. Ware was going to be a tough game but when you play a team who are down to 10 men for the complete second half you really need to take advantage and keep composed. Having a young squad makes that difficult at times.

We dominated posession but seemed to lack composure, snatched at chances or was to over elaborate in the build up when Ware had crowded the area to defend.

Again - it's probably me but the shape of the squad didn't feel right yesterday and we seemed to be lacking an edge.

Good goal by Ware - well worked and extremely well taken. Nice to hear and see some away support for a change. Well taken goal by Clydie as well in what had become a slightly crowded area. Also felt Bourne did a lot of work yesterday and covered a lot of ground.

Going to be some very emotional months coming up.........

Agree about Bourney. Had an excellent game and absolutely terrorised their right back.

Special mention must go to Colin Wall who was brought on to add some height up front but ended up providing the cross for Clydie's goal. Good to see him back after a long spell out through injury.

I hear what people are saying about a play-off position and, from that, they must be giving serious consideration to promotion. But I wonder if this might not be just a bit too ambitious at the moment?

I fully accept that a club has to be ambitious and to go into every game looking for a victory. But that ambition has to be realistic. Nine months ago who would have thought we would see John Batch’s phoenix rise from the Conference ashes to the top 5 of the Ryman North? These youngsters have done a fantastic job and, in spite of their lack of experience of football at this level, have hushed their critics and done the business. More than the business. But it has been a terrific learning curve all season and many of the mistakes made and the points dropped have been the result not of inability or shortage of skills, but rather, lack of education of the game at this level. This is Pabird’s regular observation and I can rarely find anything he writes with which I can disagree.

Just a point of view, but would it not be better to remain positive and successful for just one more season in this league, rather than a disappointing season and possible failure in the next league up? Because I do feel that, at this moment in our club’s development, this is what would happen if we got success too early. That lack of edge that was so rightly pointed out in earlier posts does not punish us too often at this level and we have got away with an awful lot. Can you imagine that Ilford lacklustre performance against Chelmsford? Doubt we would have come out of that one with 3 points.

I am as passionate as the rest of you and followed the old Canvey from Essex Senior League to the Conference. I like success. But success has to be planned for and, as part of that planning, I would be happy to see an element of consolidation built in so that we don’t rise too quickly, only to come back down again but our pride, morale and resolve having taken a battering along the way.

Hey Merv, for once we agree!

To be honest I am not that bothered if we miss out this season. Because, unless we could bring in more experienced players i think we would struggle at the next level. Anyway, i don't really want to see lots of new faces brought in, i would like to see our young lads consolidate on what they have learnt this season - and go on from there - (with one or two sensible acquisitions of course)

Still, we shall see what the fates decree angel

Let's see what happens. Play offs could be alot of fun but whatever happens it's gonna be exciting!!!

If we are dealt a winning hand this season and gain promotion then fate says that we may, as a club, have to step upto the mark and face the realities of playing in a higher division - I can't see the club declining promotion.

We are in a play off spot with 11 games to go so personally I am seriously considering the possibilities of promotion - my concern at this point of the season is "are we good enough". As pointed out we have been extremely lucky with some results and would have been punished in a division higher - but it's down to Batchy to use his skills to get us a team which can compete at that level - after all it would be his fault for putting in a lot of hard work and being successful if we do get promoted wink With a couple of exceptions we have a very young squad and perhaps next season, promoted or not, a few more experienced heads, like Crowe and Dobbo may be needed to get that mix just right.

Personally I think it's a close call as to wheter we may or may not get a play off spot. Don't get me wrong - if we don't achieve promotion then I won't be devastated and there are advantages such as getting more money into the coffers, consolidation and improving player skills. However, perhaps looking at Hornchurch they have taken the bull by the horns and are going for a second successive promotion and their ambitious drive has to be admired. Perhaps that similarity between our two clubs clouds my judgement and I feel we too have a club, infrastructure and fans that want and deserve success.

Whatever happens it's culminating into a very exciting seasons end which just adds the icing on the cake.........