Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Seadog Trust

Cyclops

I have been asked to bring the following to your attention...

Quote:

Hi

As a fan of Scarborough FC, I??d be most grateful if you could post the article below onto your forum so that the good guys prevail in looking after the future of football in Scarborough.

I am a supporter of Scarborough FC. As you may or may not know we are likely to be liquidated on Tuesday. We owe a lot of money (??2.1M). Our current chairman, Ian Scobbie alongside his predecessor Malcolm Reynolds (who is now banned from been a company director) came up with a plan to sell our home ground to pay off creditors and move us to a new 6,000 capacity stadium on an out of town business park. It relied on the local council lifting the covenant on our ground.

The council rejected the proposal because the sums didn??t add up despite Scobbie continually assuring us that everything was OK. It??s not the first time he??s let us down. We??ve been relegated twice, had points deductions and an embargo stopping us signing any players on last season. The PFA, FA and Conference put it in place because of non payment of football debts. Yet Scobbie continually insisted that there was a vendetta against the club.

The Seadog Trust (a body of supporters with a democratically elected board) was set up in 2006 as they wanted the supporters o have a say in the running of the club. I reckon they also foresaw our current predicament. They have put in an application to enter a newly formed club into the North East Counties League so that the town still has a club. For some reason no-one can work out, Scobbie is also trying to enter a team into the league. The league will only elect one club.

I would be most grateful to you, if as true football fans, you would sign the online petition (link below) to ensure that Scarborough has a football club in safe hands, run by the people that really matter. The supporters!

Cheers

Rob Bernard

The link is

http://www.petitiononline.com/SFCv2/petition.html

Like DOY, I support the Seadogs Trust's efforts to keep football in Scarborough. I remember many tussles with the previous club from tha town during EFC's time in the APL.

I notice that the message that Cyclops has forwarded invites all true football supporters to sign the petition, but when I followed the link, the header says that only supporters of Scarborough can sign. Could someone from the Seadogs Trust please resolve this? TIA, and best of luck.

I have to agree with MFM for once.