Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 19-October 17 )

• Photo
    Ian_D

• Photo
    Rings

• Photo
    boyblunder

• Photo
    daredevil8k

• Photo
    Rebel_Del

• Photo
    nick.ince

Photo

Ryman IPTV

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
30 replies to this topic

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Most people interested in Ryman League football will be at the games anyway rather than sitting in a pub.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
I think so as well but "Invision TV (the company behind the scheme) has identified that there is no live football on TV on Saturday at 3pm and that there is a market "space" at this time."
bolt

offline Uncle Urchin

Uncle Urchin
  • Long Service Award
I don't like this ...

- So what if a club doesn’t want to get involved?
There is an opt out scenario for clubs but by doing so, they will not have any rights to publish or broadcast footage of Ryman League fixtures. By opting out, they will also negate whatsoever, any income generated from this scheme. The Image and broadcast rights of the Ryman league will belong to both the Ryman League and Invision TV. Individual clubs will be in breach of copyright if they infringe this rule.

now here's the questions...

does this mean that if we opt out we cannot show our own video clips...?

does this also mean that if we don't opt out we still cannot show our own video clips for 48 hours if we are the featured team....?

if one of our fans videos a game and puts it on the forum is that a breach of their policies...?

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Certainly looks that if you opt out you will not be allowed to show your own footage but all this is unoffical at the moment.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
it looks as if only them will be able to show games. so the only way to get films shot by fans shown is to submit it through invasion TV. or thats the way i read it. in the same way as you cant just go and film a premiership game and post it on the net. which kind of sucks

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Info now on the Offical Ryman site.

Latest News

3 Jul 2007
RYMAN LEAGUE SIGN UP TO BR0ADBAND DEAL

The Ryman League has been given the go ahead by its Clubs to sign Heads of Agreement for its Broadband and Internet Protocol Television rights for the next three seasons.

This will mean the start of "Ryman TV" and from the start of next season there will be a "Match of the Week" every week during the playing season of some 40 minutes in length which registered users will be able to access within 48 hours of the final whistle of that game. Footage supplied by Member Clubs will also be incorporated.

Throughout the season two live games each month will be broadcast on a pay per view basis at a cost of £3.95.

Additionally Ryman League matches will be broadcast to pubs and clubs on a Saturday to fill the "gap" between the lunchtime and teatime live matches.

At their recent AGM Clubs were given a presentation setting out the principal objects of the Agreement and some details of the requirements of the Clubs so that the company filming matches will not be given a worse vantage point than the clubs own filming team and clubs not taking their film crew to away matches. For the first time Club Managers will be required to be available for post-match interviews.

The income from this agreement is quite substantial with an average of £100,000 per season being paid to the League over the three seasons.

Additional income will be available to the Clubs individually for those featured on the live matches and for those wanting DVDs of matches for retail sale.

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I can't see PPV games ever taking off at this level. Sky have had to abandon the idea for the Premiership next season due to lack of interest, what chance have this lot got?
Highlights, on the other hand, is a great idea.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
I thought Sky were outbid for the ppv rights by Satanta? I do agree with you about ppv at this level, it won`t work.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I'm not so sure. I thought Setanta had won the rights that they were competing with the BBC and ITV to gain. However, it is required to pay extra for Setanta in the first place.

offline peter foster

peter foster
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I gather that the two best-supported clubs in the Ryman Premier, Chelmsford City and AFCW, have opted out of the scheme.

offline theabbeyabbott

theabbeyabbott
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Waltham Abbey
I think its a good idea but been forced on clubs without enough time for consulation and q and a's. Following the AGM the clubs had around 10 days to sign a document that was far from adequate in agreement I thought. Can see it going belly up sooner or later....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus