Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Non League Football show on BBC London

GRS67

So who's coming to Brimsdown later, this link from the BBC London Website will tell you more about the event. I'll have some of our tome's with me and Club badges so as to spread the gospel even wider if that's possible:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/sport/nonleague/index.shtml

Sorry, no can do - off to Chatham Town v Hertford Town today!

Originally Posted By: Horace
off to Chatham Town v Hertford Town today!

That should be a nice trip, is HTFCew going as perhaps she could take some pics to post on here later.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Horace
off to Chatham Town v Hertford Town today!

That should be a nice trip, is HTFCew going as perhaps she could take some pics to post on here later.

Yes, and yes, she will.

No Brimmo for me today Cec. That avenue of pleasure has been well and truly closed off for me. We're going to Luton (I'll keep the doors locked and the engine running), then shopping with the mrs and then we are hitting the Sandy Holiday Inn for the night as we're at a bit of a do round the corner from there.

No need therefore to open my book, I've read it for you.

Wader - In the words of a certain tennis player 'you can't be serious', that's the sort of post 3praise would make and I have to say I'm extremely disappointed as I thought you were a footbal man through and through.

A night at the Holiday Inn, Sandy-by-A1 is not to be sneezed at, Rhodes!

Exactly. Everything else pales into insignificance when compared to a Holiday Inn nights stay on the A1. The 'do' should provide yet another Sunday hangover - then straight to Epping for an all day 'do' there!

I think my liver may be playing up again on a Monday. Thank God the football season is but a week away.

Thanks for your concern Cec, but I think I'll cope. (Bigg Town have no match today btw - just training - every session of which up till now I have attended).

Folks - I thought I would tell you about yesterday's live radio event at Brimsdown Rovers hosted by Enfield Town following their friendly with Cambridge City, all I can say is that you missed the time of your lives particularly Football Man who would have been like a pig in muck. The panel was the Enfield Chairman Paul Millington, Kevin Rye, editor of Supporters Direct Magazine, Dave Watters, editor of the new Non League Today paper that hits the streets next week and last but not least, wait for it, Clive Walker who needs no introduction, Tom Watt orchestrated the event for BBC London. The interest in the Kentish Town brand was huge and that's virtually all that was talked about and our innovative partnership with Arsenal. One other item worth mentioning is that FC United apparently pay Bury 7k a game to hire Gigg Lane, that seems a hell of a lot of money.

Lucky Bury! Having said that, when you use a Football League ground you have to police it to the home club's usual standards and that cost big money -ask Wealdstone, whose disastrous link up at Vicarage Road after the sale of Lower Mead saw most of their money spent on police! I remember going there to Southern League Div 1 games with 250 spectators, each with his own police constable!

Keep the police well away from Copthall, Rhodes, or you could bankrupt Greg!

Good point although I wonder whether FC United have to meet the Police bill themselves on top of the 7k they give to Bury.

Who knows! I am now listening to the broadcast on the web. I'm getting bored already but will persevere for the benefit of forum users, so I can comment on what you have said!

Click here to listen - warning, get your swan matches ready!

Been listening for 30 minutes now, no mention of Kentish Town yet!

Just heard the FC United of Manchester manager say " I think it costs us something like £7,000 a game to play at Bury " ..

So I guess that is "all up" including police.

I see that they have been debating the new Non League paper on another's Forum, it will be carrying a substantial article on Kentish Town on 19 or 26 August:

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=39890;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=1592133

Ah! That's a shame Rhodes, the broadcast finished before you got to speak. Thank God I don't have to listen to any more of that!