Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Non League Football show on BBC London

GRS67

I was sitting at the back, I didn't know anybody personally beforehand other than the Scottish guy Rab who's son used to be in the same class as mine at School, I had no idea he was a Cambridge City fan. No doubt if Football Man had been there he would have claimed to know everyone.

but he wasn't and he hasn't!

As I said, shame that your high profile stuff about Kentish Town wasn't broadcast.

No but the Panel were wide eyed when I told them what was going on at the Club such as us securing the Copthall Stadium, 'the great one's' contribution, our groundbreaking Community work, the innovative partnership with Arsenal, the high profile Academy, winning the SSML programme of the year award (of which I naturally handed out copies), you name it, they couldn't believe a Club could be so forward thinking in it's approach.

I didn't hear Coup mentioned, what's his real name, apparently he was recently poached from Non League and will be working hand in hand with Dave Watters on the new Non League Today paper.

The interest in the Kentish Town brand was huge and that's virtually all that was talked about and our innovative partnership with Arsenal,

The Panel were wide eyed when I told them what was going on at the Club such as us securing the Copthall Stadium, 'the great one's' contribution, our groundbreaking Community work, the innovative partnership with Arsenal.

I take it the above occured in your own parrell universe Rhodes? there was NO metion whatsoever of Kentish Town FC made during the entire 83 min show, that I have just listened to online.

How come you never asked a question to the panel???

Gavin - I was invited to by Caroline, Tom Watts trusted assistant, but didn't want to come across as hogging the limelight, I much preferred to spread the gospel at the break and afterwards and hand out programmes, badges and business cards.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: HTFCew
But it's good manners for the team to turn up in time.

of course darling....no question...and the officials...

but I am neither and this is a fans forum... grin

What are you on about old chap? grin We were discussing Kentish Town and their inability to negotiate the notorious A10.

Were we, that's news to me as I thought that was all dead and buried, the Whitewebbs game was in November last year and we didn't rush to get there as it was only a 'friendly'.

We didn't treat the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy seriously, it was a distraction from our league campaign when we were flying high. On hindsight we should perhaps have given Whitewebbs a bit more respect, they treated the game like an FA Cup, World Cup and Champions League final all rolled into one.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Were we, that's news to me as I thought that was all dead and buried, the Whitewebbs game was in November last year and we didn't rush to get there as it was only a 'friendly'.

Rhodes

Did you get there late? And I thought that SLB were the ones who couldn't read maps!

We met up in the car park of Haringey Borough's ground which is two miles or so from Whitewebbs ground, we weren't late at all and arrived half an hour before kick which was more than enough time. There were actually more fun and games afterwards when the Whitewebbs hierarchy didn't lay on any food for us, as stipulated in the rules, following two hours of pulsating play and a penalty shoot out, most of our players hadn't even had breakfast due to the early 1.30 kick off.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
the new Non League Today paper that hits the streets next week

This is what it's going to look like, when I was speaking to the editor yesterday he certainly sounded enthusiastic and said it's going to be so much bigger and better than the current paper and will barely mention the Conference:

http://www.nonleaguetoday.com/

Have to comment on this one!!!!

Kevin Rye?? You said he was there. Well were you sucked in by his ol sh!t???

Ask Uncle Urchin all about him. Wouldn't trust him with a kids piggy bank!!!

The Non League Paper and Non League Today - is there really room for two out there?? Did Coup not give you his name then?? Bless, I know it (and his inside leg measurement) he's a good laugh.

Hi Coupy bisou