Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Non League Football show on BBC London

GRS67

Folks - I thought I would share the good news with you that Kentish Town will be heavily featured on the new BBC London Non League show in the near future, as you can see from the e-mail I received today we have our foot firmly in the door:

Sent: 09 August 2007 12:05

To: Horoscope Content

Cc: kevin parker; Rhodes, Cliff Mr

Subject: RE: Russell Grant - non-league football

Thank you Doug. The Non League Football show is a new show here at the BBC (www.bbc.co.uk/nonleague) one of the key things we try to do every week is get a celebrity with links to non league on to promote their club. Last week we had Wayne Hemingway talking about Dartford FC's new ground. With Russell, we recently helped Kentish Town secure some new goalposts from Arsenal FC (via Cliff Rhodes) and as he is patron, wondered if we could talk to him about Kentish Town and why he loves Non League, maybe give us some predictions! There's no fee unfortunately - but great exposure for the club!

Let me know what you think and thank you

clip Rods, I see you are putting your usual spin on things again. This is clearly a request to Doug Beaumont, Russell Grant's agent, requesting for Russell (not you) to come on their show. It will be interesting to see if he does it once Doug tells him there's no fee involved but, if he does, I know he will want to speak for all Middlesex clubs and not single one out in particular.

My only worry is that there may be some complaints from some quarters that we have some sort of monopoly as 'the great one' was on the show a while back and apparently they want him back ahead of the England v Israel game on 8 September. I think the BBC's interest in us tells you everything you need to know about the Kentish Town brand as it's not just coincidence.

Yes but needs must, there's no saying that Spurs would have also given us some goals had we approached them particularly after the shirt and ball fiasco, my name would have probably rang alarm bells at White Hart Lane on the back of 'Sugar's' scandalous actions even though my original point of contact Gary Broadhurst has left the Club.

Yes but only in a sense of what 'Sugar' did, or rather what he didn't do, in terms of collecting the signed shirt and ball and keeping them for himself rather than raffling them as Spurs had specifically stipulated.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes but only in a sense of what 'Sugar' did, or rather what he didn't do, in terms of collecting the signed shirt and ball and keeping them for himself rather than raffling them as Spurs had specifically stipulated.

Ah rhodesy, it's humour old chap. You really need to lighten up!

Spidermanor - You were up with the sparrows this morning, what time do you start work out of interest as I thought you were a 9-5 merchant.

I will be speaking to Caroline at BBC Radio London later today to clarify, she has become a good friend.

I got a peck on the cheek last Saturday following the broadcast at Brimsdown, does that count.