Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sponsered Walk

Thanks Paula. Due to the bad weather only 7 of us managed to take part in the walk from Southend to Canvey.

When we first got to Benfleet station this morning at 7am it was during the middle of a complete monsoon and we nearly abandoned the walk then and there.

Quite a few of us had managed to get to Benfleet station but many of them were soaked to the skin whilst walking from their homes. Scuba Steve certainly reflected his forum name!!!!

It was just not feasible or wise for these persons to take part in the walk so after much deliberation they went home to dry out and get ready to meet at Waterside for 11am. To say they were gutted was an understatement.

Luckily the likes of me, Glenn, Mini Goose, Lefty etc had got lifts so were reasonably dry. We got to Southend at about 7.40am and started the walk straight away in persistant heavy rain. Luckily within about 10 minutes the rain stopped and we ended up having a beautiful summer's day.

Got to Waterside to join the rest of the group doing the walk just before 11 and the rest as they say is history.

Well done to everyone who took part in the walk and those who sponsered them.

My legs ache!!!!

I was perfectly fine walking around the sea-wall, but when we got back to the Club my Hayfever went into overload frown

Got home after the walk and the other half and myself were totally zonked, passing out for a few hours this afternoon.

I don't normally suffer from hayfever but my synuses were really blocked later this afternoon.

Bloody global warming and I have sunburn!!!! I was more worried about getting drenched this morning!!

yeah as matt so nicely puts it lol the other half was shattered got quite burnt but only on one side of my face so look like the phantom of the opera lol laugh

had a really good day though nice to see the other part of the island as never been that way around the wall always come from the lobstersmack end to the point