Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 1-1 Chelmsford

Simon BTFC

No one is saying spend what you haven't got, that was the regime of the old days, and no one understands that more then us. The fans at the end of the day saved chelmo, and some help from deep pockets....we were having 450 fans at NL, which was pretty good considering we were away from our natural fan base...

Many will still go under, but hopefully we and those around us have learnt that lesson, as can be seen by many good and well run clubs at this level.

Quote:
This is football remember, I can't be agreeing with our main rivals, it's just not done!

Its OK TC, interesting points thou!!! blush

Quote:
On the subject of attendances, the first season we gained promotion back to the Ryman Premier, we averaged around 800. There was no AFC Wimbledon or Chelmsford.

I know you made find this hard to take Ryan, but it may suprise you how many duel fans there are between Billericay and Chelmo. Although loyalities maybe with one or the other, I am constantly suprised to see how many fans attend each others matches when they can............. grin( maybe something to do with supporting non league football?????)

No nightmares now!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Localfan
Although loyalities maybe with one or the other, I am constantly suprised to see how many fans attend each others matches when they can

Disgraceful behaviour blush

Point is Ryan C....800 with or without Chelmo/AFC is not the point, you dont get that now do you(and nothing like it)and as a passing thought you do seem to have a well honed gift for creative counting when it comes to crowds.

L.F it may well have been previous management....but it happend non the less,and as a result you no longer have one of,if not at its prime.the best grounds outside the F.L.

This is not only my view but also many of your own as expressed on your own M.B.

Originally Posted By: sargon
Point is Ryan C....800 with or without Chelmo/AFC is not the point, you dont get that now do you(and nothing like it)

But surely that is the point? Our destiny is on our own hands and not dependent on LF's "paydays" from CCFC or AFCW visiting.

The potential for much larger gates is still there. As TC said in a recent programme, we have the Brentwood & Basildon conurbations on our doorstep.

Even though the subject of the running of the club, attendances et al, all makes a very nice discussion point, I have trouble with certain other clubs supporters commentary and opinions...I mean, what the hell difference does it make to them? I don't see the same number of 'Ricay supporters going on their forums making the same comments about their club...It's nowt to do with us what happens at their club...and I really couldn't give a monkeys [****!!****], how many AFCW or Chelmsford get...Crowd numbers are no guarantee of promotion as AFCW have found in recent seasons (and currently 9th in the league this season)...It's down to what you do with what you have got and what you will get...And if you take that into the equation, both AFCW and Chelsmford have and are doing bloddy awfully...

And we're doing bloody marvelously...thank you very much.

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC

I mean, what the hell difference does it make to them? I don't see the same number of 'Ricay supporters going on their forums making the same comments about their club...It's nowt to do with us what happens at their club...

Good point made Gaz.

Too much paranoia with some folk smile

There is a certain amount of sub conscious jealousy going on.

Some people can't, and never will, get their head around how clubs like H & R, Braintree and Yeading have managed to win our League.

Their thinking is, that the so called "bigger clubs" gates should earn promotion which is why there is this obsession about it, - "Billericay's gates are not big enough to win a league" which is, of course, ridiculous.

But - should we, or some other non-BIG-club, by some fluke get promoted, then their gates will not be big enough to compete in the division above. And there lies the jealousy...

...as they cry...it should have been us!

A bit like me last season when we were robbed by those lucky, flukey mugs at Bromley...:=)

Truth is, to some degree, we all want, and think we deserve promotion, but some of us cry in private, and we don't get bitter

Its a public Forum Gazza, and an interesting conversation across clubs with TC, who, is after all, your owner, and makes some interesting points. So if he wants to have a talk with the Oppo, I'm sure he can.

Anyway, if we are 'closet' riccay fans, we can use this forum as well.......

Go on , I just know what your gonna come back with..........lol