Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bookham 2-2 Dorking

TRS

Chicks were cruelly denied the 3 points thanks to an 87th minute Bookham equaliser. In the white hot derby atmosphere, super sub Adam Pero looked to have gained the win for Dorking with goals in the 63rd and 71st minutes. Bookham had deservedly taken the lead two minutes before half-time.

Interesting cameo was watching Terry Fennessy's running spat with the Dorking bench in the second half, at one point telling them to stop calling his name as they were annoying him laugh

Overall a draw was probably a fair result.

A good day for both the ground-sharing sides. Remarkably, very few people watching until nearly the second half when Meadowbank seemed to suddenly fill up.

The man in black in the middle earns my 'man-of-the-match' award. I'd rather not comment on the assistants.

A the end of the day, a draw was a fair result - Dorking without their regular keeper allowed John McBride to return controlling the Dorking defence in fine voice, even if 'left' and 'right' sometimes baffled them !

Adam Pero showed his usual brilliant skills near the box.

Shame the person who requested a parking-space reservation didn't show ! Oh well- You can't win 'em all.

A Peaceful new year to one and all !

'Dorking News' press release from DFC web-site:

Bookham 2 Dorkng 2

Dorking continued their unbeaten December as Bookham snatched a last gasp equaliser at Meadowbank on Boxing Day, Chicks having been 3 minutes from making it back to back league wins following their 1-0 victory at Epsom & Ewell just before Christmas.

With Steve Augustine still ill, Nigel Webb once more filled the central strikers role having had an influential game at Epsom, while John McBride played in goal for Chicks as regular keeper Chris Roberts was unavailable. With Alex Hill also missing, Julian van Gelder made his Dorking debut at right back, while Adam Pero returned to the Dorking line up with a second half performance that almost won his side as he bagged two goals in quick succession to turn the game forr Chcks.

An even first half was perhaps shaded by Bookham who took the lead 2 minutes from half time. Pero then joined the fray and scored twice, first in the 53rd minute to make it 1-1, then 10 minutes later, Pero turned the game around to give Chicks the lead.

It looked like Dorking would hold on to secure all three points, but 3 minutes of time Bookham scored a late equaliser which was a fair reflection overall on the game, Bookham having the better of the first half, while Dorking had the better of the second period.

Dorkng now face two home league games, Chertsey Town are the visitors on Saturday 29th December, kick off 3pm. Then on Saturday 5 January runaway league leaders Merstham visit Meadowbank.

Team - John Mc Bride, Tom Brereton, Julian Van Gelder, Mark Stiles.Roy Newman, Herve King, Miguel Beesley, Dan Stassinos, Nigel Webb, Terry Fennessy, Tom Ahmed. Subs - Alex Wheeeler, Adam Pero, Abib Meite.

ENDS

Originally Posted By: nut250
"With Steve Augustine still ill"

whats up with poor little gusset got the sniffles,
and where is the bitch to tell us whats wrong

Maybe it's a case of putting 2 and 2 together, Nut !!

LITERALLY !!

bolt

Originally Posted By: nut250
"With Steve Augustine still ill"

whats up with poor little gusset got the sniffles,
and where is the bitch to tell us whats wrong

I think he has been over exerting himself a little too much this festive season. And no, it's not been with me wink

I need to get hold of him and sort out his fitness plan. I think whatever it is he picked up over xmas period will have to take second place to his footballing career as his game is obviously suffering! smile

I think you'll find this current bout of nausea started BEFORE Christmas, Bitch !

Hmmmmmmmmm !