Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 29 Dec

Is there some weird micro climate in North London? It's always Kentish AND Haringey that get rained off.

SATURDAY 29th

PREMIER DIVISION

Beaconsfield SYCOB 1-1 Harefield United

Biggleswade United 4-0 London Colney

Broxbourne Boro V&E 4-1 Colney Heath

Cockfosters 2-2 Chalfont St Peter

Hertford Town 2-1 Kingsbury Lndn Tigers

Holmer Green 1-3 Hanwell Town

Langford 0-0 Biggleswade Town

Leverstock Green 4-1 Tring Athletic

Oxhey Jets 0-2 St Margaretsbury

Ruislip Manor 1-2 Aylesbury Vale

Welwyn Garden City 1-3 Brimsdown Rovers

DIVISION ONE

Bedford Town Reserves 2-3 Hoddesdon Town

Bedford 2-1 Amersham Town

Haringey Borough P Sport London e Benfica

Harpenden Town 3-1 Arlesey Athletic

Kentish Town P Royston Town

New Bradwell St Peter 2-2 Ampthill Town

Stony Stratford Town 1-0 Buckingham Athletic

Sun Postal Sports 4-0 Cranfield United

Winslow United 2-0 Brache Sparta

DIVISION TWO

Crawley Green 4-1 Old Bradwell United

Kent Athletic 0-0 Tring Corinthians

Markyate 0-9 AFC Dunstable

Mursley United 0-1 Kings Langley

Padbury United 2-6 Aston Clinton

Pitstone & Ivinghoe 2-1 Caddington

Totternhoe 1-0 Risborough Rangers

It's getting very close at the top:

The Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League

Premier Division

P W D L F A Pts

1 Biggleswade Town 23 16 1 6 54 31 49

2 Chalfont St Peter 22 13 7 2 57 20 46

3 Harefield United 22 14 3 5 43 24 45

4 Brimsdown Rovers 22 14 2 6 58 30 44

5 Hertford Town 22 13 4 5 49 27 43

6 Beaconsfield SYCOB 22 13 4 5 43 26 43

7 Hanwell Town 21 13 4 4 42 26 43

And all seven of the teams have to play us again with five of them having to come to the Vale. Goal difference could prove crucial!!

Disappointing defeat for Manor today as Aylesbury Vale were a fairly average outfit really. Some non existent defending gifted them the first after 4 minutes and a foul by the last man and a clever free kick routine gave them a 2-0 lead after 25 minutes and us a man short. To be honest after that you wouldn't have realised we were a man short as we played some good football but couldn't find a way through a robust defence. Vale seemed to spend most of the time looking for free kicks or committing them although they had some good moments. The status of our young keeper James Christian continues to rise as he made another fine save midway through the second half while Horace will no doubt be pleased to learn Rob Parillon had another fine game at the back. We scored a goal four minutes from time that deserved to be seen by a wider audience as it was a corner was smashed in on the full volley from the edge of the penalty area. Even the AV players and officials applauded the magnificence of the strike but although a brilliant finish it was too late to enable us to salvage anything from the game.

Lato - I take it from your post that you were at the game. It looks like the win over Hertford Town was a flash in the pan and the writing is on the wall in that you're looking favourites for the drop along with already doomed London Colney

Long way to go yet but I believe Holmer Green are still below us in the table so they are surely in the relegation bracket

I look forward to assessing the Kentish Town promotion bid for myself next Saturday.

Lato - Aren't you watching Titanic on BBC2.

I doubt I will be in attendance next Saturday but obviously I will be there in spirit.

no as Pink Panther Strikes Again is on Film 4. Not the best but is got Lesley Anne Down in it which is a bonus.

Titanic doesn't interest me at all.

Of course you won't be there as you'll make the excuse about looking after the reserves. If you wanted to you could attend but we all know you hate confrontation and after some of the things you have said about SLB from behind the safety of your keyboard I would be very surprised to see you there.

Originally Posted By: Lato
Titanic doesn't interest me at all.

No surprise there then, it's only the biggest grossing and most popular film of all time. Anyway I didn't think you had Sky tv, isn't it against your principals.
Actually for your information you've got me mixed up with Football Man as I don't hate confrontation, just the opposite infact and if our Reserve game is off next Saturday I will definitely be at Reynolds Field

Rhodes we're coming to get you yay

But hey keep writing us off... good win today in a gale that made football very difficult and evened things up considerably.

Looking forward to the 3rd week in January but first Hoddesdon at home who by all accounts 'got out of jail' today.

Anyone there????

popular is a very loose term especially when it comes to something like a film. As for biggest grossing is that inflation adjusted?

Film4 is on Freeview

I don't reckon you will be at Reynolds Field. Perhaps 3praise can accuse YOU of going shopping

Lato - Did you know there is a Kate Winslet thread on another Forum, what do you think of her:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1228852/fpart/1

was at Holmer Greens game against Hanwell today, well what can i say, first of all the pitch was unbeliveable god help any of the top boys who have to go there in the next month its terrible, Hanwell were 1-0 down due to an awful descion by the ref (penalty), Hanwell scored just before the break to make it 1-1.

2nd half one way traffic 2 second half goals made the final score 3-1, Biggleswade your just where you dont wanna be TOP with 6 teams hunting them down, and only 2 of the top seven won i believe corrct me if im wrong.

Originally Posted By: Lato
Of course you won't be there as you'll make the excuse about looking after the reserves. If you wanted to you could attend but we all know you hate confrontation and after some of the things you have said about SLB from behind the safety of your keyboard I would be very surprised to see you there.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
No surprise there then

laugh

Football Man - I'm beginning to think that TheSpursFan is right in that 99% of the posts you make refer to me, why is that exactly

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Leverstock Green 4-1 Tring Athletic

This was somewhat of a surprise result today:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/mr20071229.htm

something more of a surprise it took you so long to put the link up.

I do think we all know by now where the leverstock green website is.

Incidentally it might interest you to know that two great films are on this week namely The Third Man and Dr Strangelove. I know you won't watch either rhodes as you have no appreciation of classic cinema.

Well done Hanwell!

No surprise in the results today for me in Division 1. Best result for SLB today was New Bradwell dropping points. Expected more of the top teams to drop points but all seemed to hold on and win by one goal.

Two games postponed in the last month for SLB. Looks like Haringey Borough and Stony Stratford games will leave at least 2 important games for later in the season.

Lato - You might want to flick over to BBC2 as the ship is going down with the band playing on deck, a classic scene!

Eagles1981 - Sorry Jose, I was disappointed both Hoddesdon and Stony Stratford won narrowly today, we could have both done with them dropping points