Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 29 Dec

rhodes - I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TITANIC (I put it in capitals as it might get into your obviously stupid brain a little quicker that way!)

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
Two games postponed in the last month for SLB. Looks like Haringey Borough and Stony Stratford games will leave at least 2 important games for later in the season.

Eagles1981 - Sorry Jose, what sort of side would you have had out today out of interest, obviously when you eventually go to Coles Park in February or March for a night game you will have key players unavailable for one reason or another, I assume a lot of your players work in hotels, restaurants and fast food outlets and have trouble getting time off

how do you know it will be a night game. Since Phil Rolt arranges the fixtures monthly he could easily move this to a Saturday. He's done that before.

So the postonement played nicely into your hands then

I just wonder what tricks you will have up your sleeve for us next week, will you be getting rent a crowd in from Pimlico to create a hostile atmosphere like when you played Neasden Foundation last season

As the home team, we have the responsibility of fulfilling certain conditions.

Unlike yourself, we take our responsibility seriously.

Also, unlike yourself, dirty tricks are not something we use to win games - we just play football. However, in response, I imagine you must have very big sleeves. wink

Rhodes, any truth in the rumour that your game was called off early because your lot were scared stiff of playing in form Royston? They'd have battered you.

Eagles, same call for you lot. Today's postponed game gave you a chance of staying in touch with the big boys at the top of Division one. The Premier Division is where it's at. You boys are wannabees. Neither side is good enough to go up.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
If I suspected in any way shape or form that the game would be off today I wouldn't have still been working on the programme past midnight this morning and been left high and dry with 90 wasted copies

Losingmyhair - I have already answered that question on another thread, you're correct in that we had some reservations of playing Royston today in the form they're currently in however we had a Don Revie style dossier on them, in particular Craig Hammond, and I'm confident we would have beaten them

7 clubs within 6 points of each other going into New Year looks to prove an exciting run-in. It also means a lot of 6 pointers & should attract some big crowds. 131 at Beaconsfield vs Hanwell and then 147 at Langford vs Biggleswade Town, Biggest crowd of the season also for Levy vs Tring & Cockfosters vs Chalfont

We got the result we needed today after falling apart at Ampthill last week. 4-0 win at home to Cranfield at least brings us back to within touching distance at the bottom & helps a little with the goal difference. They also left Alistair Shearer on the bench but brought him on at half time when we were already 2-0 up

Yes I think your result may qualify for the result of the day as Cranfield were the best side we have faced all season. Were you twiddling your thumbs for most of the afternoon then.

Which game did you attend Cec? I have to say I'm surprised yours was called off. Is the pitch in poor condition or does it just not drain well? Have you checked the main drain? Under some 'running track pitches' there is a main manhole with pump that clears water from the infield to the outside of the track and the drainage channels. Does your pitch have this? Perhaps you need to check. A portable pump and hose can be inserted into the drain and the water pumped out - takes a couple of hours sometimes (if you've got one, you'll usually find it near the water jump on the track).

I think Dave Raval did enquire about that yesterday morning, he's one of these young Referee's in the Ben Furneaux mould who leaves no stone unturned. As for Wader's helpful comments I will investigate, I think he makes a valid point about the main drain at the stadium and clearly knows his onions although as far as I'm aware there is no blockage.

It's not a matter of "blockage". There will be a "sump" where the drains deposit their water. It needs pumping out! Even our pitch has one.

Horace (and Wader) - Many thanks for your well meaning advice on this matter which I will pass onto the stadium ground staff. We have obviously put a lot of work and ploughed a lot of money into the pitch this season and it is just unfortunate that there has been a deluge of biblical proportions prior to two home fixtures against Arlesey Athletic and Royston Town which subsequently had to be called off. It is not the same situation as at Haringey for example where the same thing happens season after season and the Club make absolutely no attempt to address the problem.