Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 29 Dec

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
New Bradwell St Peter 2-2 Ampthill Town

A report on the above game for those interested:

Honours even at The Rec after an end to end game between these local rivals. The conditions were tough for both sides with a strong wind blowing straight up though the middle of the pitch.
Ampthill were first to use the wind in their favour and put Bradwell under pressure for the first 20 minutes or so. The pressure eventually paid off when Stuart Reynolds free kick from the right hand corner of the box sailed over everyone and found its way into the far corner of the net.
Martin Wells almost doubled the lead but his low shot was brilliantly saved by Shaun Abson in the home goal. This save seemed to galvanise the hosts and they gained a foothold in the game.
Bradwell began to find gaps in Ampthill defence and Dave Cole got around the back of their defence on a couple of occasions only to be thwarted by last gasp tackles.
Bradwell equalised with the goal of the game. Ed Wheatley received the ball from Cole, shifted the ball slightly before unleashing a cracking drive from 25 yards. Andy Gibb managed to get a hand to the ball but couldn't stop it from hitting the top right hand corner of the net. Wheatley's second goal of the season.
The second half was very similar to the first with the conditions making it difficult to play good passing football. In fairness, Ampthill asked more questions of the home defence than Bradwell of their visitors. Shaun Abson was the busier of the two keepers and made a couple of telling saves, one from a misheaded Stokes clearance.
Chances were few and far between for Bradwell but Lee, Coulter and Tite all had good efforts go wide of Gibb's goal. At the other end, substitute Tony Hill caused problems with his pace and Reynolds with his trickery.
Ampthill took the lead when poor defensive positioning allowed Reynolds to round Abson and place the ball into the net. Bradwell made changes and immediately came back at Ampthill.
Stimpson and Robb had come on as substitutes as Bradwell changed formation. The ball found its way to Ricky Stimpsons feet from the edge of the penalty area and he curled a lovely effort into the bottom right hand corner of the net to give battling Bradwell their second equaliser of the game. We almsot won it in the dying seconds when Dean Robb skipped past a couple of defenders allowing Greg Tite to take the ball on the turn, unfortunately Tite sent his shot wide.
Bradwell have played a lot better than this showing but battled back really well. We had one or two players feeling unwell due to illness but they still gave their all and deserved something from the game. Having been 2-1 down with only minutes remaining, this is a point gained rather than lost.

Line up; Abson, Robinson, Patel, Mooney, Stokes, Wheatley, King, Cole, Coulter, Lee, Tite. Subs used; Stimpson, Robb. Not used; Eglesfield.

First of all over 22k has been spent on the Haringey pitch in the last 2 seasons. Thanks for the large donation towards it Rhodes , we really couldn't have done it without you.

Secondly i can guarantee there will be no games called off next season but unfortunately the reason is "Royal Secret" so i cannot discuss outside the boardroom.

Happy new year to all except.....

Originally Posted By: tringarmy
We got the result we needed today after falling apart at Ampthill last week. 4-0 win at home to Cranfield at least brings us back to within touching distance at the bottom & helps a little with the goal difference. They also left Alistair Shearer on the bench but brought him on at half time when we were already 2-0 up

TringArmy - There's a report on the Cranfield United game on their impressive Website if you want to take a look:

http://www.cranfieldunitedfc.co.uk/

Originally Posted By: mugabesugarellisbates
First of all over 22k has been spent on the Haringey pitch in the last 2 seasons. Thanks for the large donation towards it Rhodes , we really couldn't have done it without you.

Folks - That's gratitude for you. It was my idea to start a car boot sale at the Club on Sunday's which has since developed into one of the most popular markets in London bringing in some 4,000 people a week through the gates of heaven from far and wide and at least £600 a week for the Club which has been a life saver for 'us'. I rest my case.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
which has since developed into one of the most popular markets in London bringing in some 4,000 people a week through the gates of heaven
QOTM so far for me...

Yes but it is fact, 'Sugar' will no doubt be on later to confirm albeit reluctantly, or were you referring to 'the gates of heaven' bit.

Originally Posted By: PBizzle
Hey its either that or read the usual [****!!****] on here!!!!

I know exactly what you mean but I've noticed Football Man has posted a lot less since he was short listed by Cantos for the Forum's Worst Banterer earlier this week, that must have been a real body blow to his ego