Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 5th Jan

Beds Senior Trophy

==================

Sharnbrook 0-5 Arlesey Athletic [ Quarter Final ]

Kent Athletic 7-3 AFC Kempston Town [ Quarter Final ]

AFC Dunstable 3-1 Meltis Corinthians [ Quarter Final ]

Premier Division

================

Aylesbury Vale 3-2 Harefield United

Beaconsfield SYCOB 8-0 Welwyn Garden City

Broxbourne Borough V&E 0-1 Cockfosters

Chalfont St Peter 1-0 Biggleswade Town

Colney Heath 2-3 Oxhey Jets

Holmer Green 0-3 Langford

Kingsbury London Tigers 3-1 Ruislip Manor

Leverstock Green 1-0 Hertford Town

London Colney 0-0 Brimsdown Rovers

St Margaretsbury 1-0 Biggleswade United

Tring Athletic 4-3 Hanwell Town

Division One

============

Bedford 0-3 Hoddesdon Town

Brache Sparta 3-0 Ampthill Town

Buckingham Athletic 1-0 Bedford Town Reserves

Cheshunt Reserves 1-2 Amersham Town

Cranfield United 2-3 Winslow United

New Bradwell St Peter 3-1 Sun Postal Sports

Royston Town 4-0 Harpenden Town

Sport London e Benfica 0-0 Kentish Town

Stony Stratford Town 5-3 Haringey Borough

Division Two

============

Aston Clinton 3-1 Totternhoe

Caddington 1-2 Tring Corinthians

Crawley Green 0-0 Kings Langley

Old Bradwell United p-p Markyate

Risborough Rangers 2-1 Mursley United

The 61 FC 1-2 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Is that Hertford result correct? I was told they lost 1-0?

Another one for the list.. Mursley Reserves 0 - 2 Hoddy Reserves, my first ever visit to Mursley, nice friendly bunch! I'd like to let people know that it's better to follow the directions on the website and not to use Sat Nav. Still a comfortable win without a recognised keeper and our forwards doing all they could to keep the score down.. along with their keeper making a few good saves as well.

A nice spread laid on afterwards at the Green Man pub in the village as well... recommend the Kronenburg!

PS Hoddy first team were 2-0 up went down to 10 men and ended up 3-0 victors so congrats due there as well.. 3 wins in a row? Stony, Royston and Hoddy to challenge?

We were on top for most of the game and had several good chances which weren't converted. The pitch was very muddy and slippery. Their goal was a potshot from outside the area just before half time - Lee got a hand to it but just palmed it into the net.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Colney Heath 2-3 Oxhey Jets

Does anyone know how I can find out how Mr Panayotiou performed as Colney Heath and Oxhey Jets don't have any representation on here

Yes only tells half the story shocking ref (and that isn't an excuse he was equally bad to both sides inc. a bizarre sending off). Equally matched at 11 a side it was a well worked free kick and a mistake that made it 2-0 everything thrown at them there after and some heroic blocks and sheere grit and determination not to conceed meant that the only thing to say is congratulations Hoddesdon on this particular day men beat boys (the 3rd was in injury time and when 2 at the back by the way!!!!).

Keep the captain fit and his band of merry men, sorry i mean brusing no nonesense blood and bandages defenders together and they may be heading to the prem, and not only that containing enough sides to stay there. Enjoy Hoddy applause

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
PS Hoddy first team were 2-0 up went down to 10 men and ended up 3-0 victors so congrats due there as well.. 3 wins in a row? Stony, Royston and Hoddy to challenge?

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan

NF

I wouldn't write off any of the top 7 yet. On any given day in this league any team is capable of pulling out a result that will upset those at the top. To all the clubs that still have to travel to SLB or indeed host them, be aware when then are not rolling around the floor they play some nice football.

We've taken our 6 points from them so not one of things we have to worry about!

What have your boys said about the game at Bedford Netrualfan, it was a strange game and i honesty believe there's not a great deal between the sides, just another example of this years league being wide open at 11 a-side although 1 down we were clearly the better footballing side, if anyone was there from the Hoddy camp what did you think?????

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
was hoping to be cheered up a bit by seeing you sitting top of the Prem

You were probably the only one on the whole Forum then

I watched New Bradwell beat Sun Postal today. They are right up there, but nobody seems to notice. From what I saw, they have a few decent players going forward, and keep it pretty tight at the back. I see they've only lost 3 games all season. Surely they will be right up there at the end of the season. How come nobody talks about them as title contenders? Is it because they are 50 miles north of London??

Originally Posted By: young gun
How come nobody talks about them as title contenders?

Kentish Town beat them 6-0 at the Recreation Ground, need I say more

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Wader I'm sure you will have seen my comments about our game, washoping to be cheered up a bit by seeing you sitting top of the Prem but sadly not, what happened? deserved more?

Sorry to see your result McMullen.
Ours too was a pretty even game all round. Most agreed that we had the first half and Chalfont shaded the second. The goal came with (on my watch) 3 minutes to go and in fairly cruel fashion as Bubb kept up his incredible scoring record (although he should have received his second yellow card in the embers of the first half and not been on the pitch to score, but that's football!).

One good thing to come from it was a rare quality of match in this division. We are not down hearted though and for me the 198 mile round trip was worth while, despite the loss of the 3 points. My old mate at Chalfont made me as welcome as ever (we first met in an FA cup tie some years ago), he really appears to run that place singlehanded. Hats off to him and Chalfont are deffo my favourites for the top spot.

I've got a tray of Lucozade powder for you McMullen and I'll drop into the club sometime this week. Cheers.