Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 5th Jan

bizarre game today with comedy goal of the season scored by Ben Herod. Biggleswade win a free kick on the edge of their own area. Keeper heads towards the ball to take it when the defender had brain failure smashes at Ben Herod who is jogging away, misses hits his own player rebound falls to Herod who slots past a defender into the unguarded net! Love to hear RobbieO's take on it.

Sorry McMullen, not actually heard anything other than who scored and that Knighty was sent off... I could read our match report but then again I want an accurate account wink

FM - Let's just say I was the only person from Hoddy that didn't get caught out by the Leighton Buzzard bypass!!

Originally Posted By: Tubbsy8
bizarre game today with comedy goal of the season scored by Ben Herod. Biggleswade win a free kick on the edge of their own area. Keeper heads towards the ball to take it when the defender had brain failure smashes at Ben Herod who is jogging away, misses hits his own player rebound falls to Herod who slots past a defender into the unguarded net! Love to hear RobbieO's take on it.

I heard that the defender tried to get Ben booked by kicking it at him when he wasn't 10 yards back!! What a dick for trying it in the first place and obviously got what he deserved (If that is the case of course!!)

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Is that Hertford result correct? I was told they lost 1-0?

Well spotted! Thanks - my son sent them out (to the press) as I wasn't back and Jim Bean's PC wasn't working. I'll send the correction out now.

Jim doesn't get a lot of luck with his PC does he! Does the SSML provide him with it, which I personally think they should given all the good work he does, or is it his own-does anyone know?

Stony Stratford Town 5-3 Haringey Borough

From 'our' Website, I'm sure 'we' will bounch straight back next Saturday with a win over Cheshunt Reserves at Coles Park:

It had to end some time and it took a fine team - STONY STRATFORD TOWN to end Allan Fenn's unbeaten record at the 6th attempt. Borough scored the first and last goals and came back from behind to bring the score to 2-2 just before the interval but defensive frailty undid Borough in the second half to leave us losers by 5-3. So its our turn to play catch up now as we are pushed down to third and so tight is the situation at the top that any of the leading 8 teams are entitled to fancy their chances. The leading positions are:

Hoddesdon Town Played 19 points 39
Stony Stratford Town 19 - 37
Haringey Borough 19 - 37
Kentish Town 21 - 37
New Bradwell St. Peter 19 - 34
Sport London e Benfica 20 - 33
Bedford 20 - 33
Royston Town 18 - 30

Originally Posted By: bugs
Originally Posted By: Rhodes

From 'our' Website, I'm sure 'we' will bounch straight back next Saturday with a win over Cheshunt Reserves at Coles Park:

sounds painful!!

It will be painful when...ti metto quel pistolone grin

eagles....small time charlie

lato/spider...boring

football man...deluded

3 praise...sugars patsy

lee scott...God

kentish town...champions

coolsmoke

Coach et 64 - Bugs first post on the SSML Forum a while back (see above) was spot on but he has never reached those heights since, what non league team does he follow

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Originally Posted By: Tubbsy8

I heard that the defender tried to get Ben booked by kicking it at him when he wasn't 10 yards back!! What a dick for trying it in the first place and obviously got what he deserved (If that is the case of course!!)

Not sure what was going on, he apologised to the lads after in any case. The game had nil nil all over it, which was the least we deserved. Good improvement from our performance compared to latter weeks though which is a good sign.

Tring Athletic 4-3 Hanwell Town

One of the games of the season so far by the sounds of it:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=682&PHPSESSID=e156e6c7df6d5483488c8c5604c85d3b

I couldn't find the Haringey Borough thread to post 'our' report on from Saturday, I'll be interested to know what has happened to it:

Borough’s 5 match unbeaten run under Allan Fenn was unceremoniously ended by a fine Stony Stratford Town team who thoroughly deserved their win although Borough’s defence regrettably made an unwelcome contribution with another unconvincing display surpassing even the three goal horror show at Buckingham Athletic in their previous outing. Borough started well and Chima Obiji forced his way through on the right after only three minutes to set up Karl Lewis for a close range blast into the roof of the net. Ronardson Obinna set up a similar chance for Ry Hardy a few minutes later but he scooped it high over the bar. The home side equalised in their first attack as a corner from the left was met by Gary Hutchinson who rose unchallenged to thunder home a far post header. Borough dominated the proceedings for most of the first half squandering several half chances but fell behind after 17 minutes when the defence was slow to react as a header bounced off the bar and Marc Redsull hooked home the rebound acrobatically. Borough still looked perfectly capable of turning the game round and shortly before the interval Obiji equalised with a superb solo effort as he collected the ball with his back to goal some thirty yards out and by sheer power turned and forced his way past two defenders to run on, take it wide of the on-rushing keeper and roll it into the open net. The second half was a more even affair with Stony Stratford enjoying a greater share of possession than previously. Borough narrowly survived having a penalty awarded against them early on as the referee looked at his Assistant for confirmation which fortunately was not forthcoming but in the 51st minute they fell behind when a not particularly testing corner was somehow allowed to find its way past a number of defenders in the goal area and drop at the far post for Redsull to knock home with ease. With Daniel Ailey introduced to bolster the attacking options Borough still looked in with a good chance but not for the first time an attempted off-side trap went horribly wrong in the 60th minute and Shaun Carr was left free to run on unchallenged and slot home with ease. There still seemed plenty of time for Borough to snatch a point but they were left with a mountain to climb in the 70th minute when a free kick was conceded on the edge of the penalty area and ineffective positioning virtually told the kicker where to place his shot; Ben Hill duly lofted the ball confidently over the wall and way beyond the reach of ‘keeper Daniel White’s left hand. Borough still refused to give up and Mark Maher drew a superb save from the home ’keeper who got down to his left to push a fierce low shot just round the post. Lloyd Mitchell did find the net with a lob after a prolonged scramble following a corner but it never looked likely to be more than a consolation as Stony Stratford ran down the clock and it was surprising that they failed to score again as a striker ran completely clear with Borough totally committed upfield and lobbed White only to see the ball bounce just an inch or so wide and spare Borough further embarrassment from a scoreline which would not have been justified on the overall run of play. So tight is the situation at the top that the two goal margin enabled Stony Stratford to overtake Borough on goal difference whereas a one goal margin would not have been enough and with Hoddesdon Town easily winning their game at Bedford Borough dropped to third in the table two points behind them; all of the top three have played 19 games.

Borough squad:- Daniel White, Sam McCarthy, Sam Joiner, Kieran Donnelly, Lloyd Mitchell, Mark Maher, Karl Lewis, Melvin Thompson, Chima Obiji, Ry Hardy, Ronardson Obinna
Used Subs:- Daniel Ailey, Jamaal Duncan, Eric Palmer
Unused:- Joelle-Leon Phillips

Leverstock Green 1-0 Hertford Town

Here it is folks, perhaps Horace should post his version so we can compare the two:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/mr20080105.htm