Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

cancel basilricay

pabird

Grays have taken another senior Basilricay player and you would have to say that they have now decimated their squad to such an extent the league should consider the damage they are doing to the other clubs

Any team fighting relegation is to have an unfair advantage in playing them now compared to the teams that lost points to them early season when they did hit a very points worthy period of form with a 100% different team

Should the league dump them do you think?

pabird, I do agree with your comments on an unfair advantage to relegation threatened teams as B'ricay have an almost totally revamped team. The same also applies to Canvey's hopes although the shots did only play them a week or so back.

However, I think that you must just accept that this is sport's natural wastage. I was a long time supporter of Hackney speedway and still take a look now at Arena Essex. In speedway you only have seven team men, but it only takes a few injuries and a rider or two to change clubs and you are looking at an almost totally different side finishing the season to the one which started.

I realise that we are talking a more dangerous sport and also B'ricay have not changed due to injuries, but whatever the reason(obviously financial) the players now leaving only pose the same scenario as my speedway example.

I think that unless changes are made for an underhand reason, or to gain an unfair advantage, then you must live and let live.

The question mark behind the word think? was actually my tongue in cheek

BUT

This is not the first time for basilricay and just perhaps the league should be concerned how some of these clubs are managed (executive wise)

Any club with a turnover of the basilricay nature is a reasonable sized business

If basilricay year on year continue to demonstrate a decided lack of ability to treat the league seriously for the entire season then are they really valued members of the league

Certainly the conference must have grave doubts concerning their application to join the new set-up?

i dont think they did apply..?

it would appear they geared up for a couple of cup runs and a good league position.. the cup runs seemed to be integral to this stratergy they didnt happen so they cut back.. can you argue that this is treating the league with contempt? or a potentially good stratergy to attempt to keep up with the richer clubs at the start of the season hoping the extra cash can maintain a challenge..

i think they should be applauded for giving it a go and i dont think we will find it easy to beat em in our upcoming games... but you do have a point in that it is easier to play these teams later in the season.. there you go i think i agree with all sides of the arguement

But Canv that is not taking the league seriously and if you look at their previous years this has happened before

Ill shorten that, The league is the rose bowl event not something you tag on the end of (maybe) a cup run

Easy in forthcoming games certainly not, local derby!s never are

Never had problems with their crowd,players or management on the playing side but their is something clearly wrong where such potential is never even nearly realised

well maybe if we had the same level of financial backing as canvey then we would have the finance to keep hold of our best players

also our keeper will be making many good saves in the up ad coming derby games

not through fluke as suggested by youre administrator but through skill as he is easily the player of the season, he is certainly the best goalkeeper i ever seen in a ricay shirt

Glad to see there are two Arena Essex fans Joe! You wouldn't think so with the crowds we get!

As for Ricay, dismiss them at your peril! I'm not overly confident, and it could turn an upsetting end to the season even worse.