Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harpenden Town

Yes it's pay and display I'm afraid, we often get caught with our trousers around our ankles:

Rothamsted Park is an area of grass parkland to the SW of Harpenden town centre. See map sample and description.

Buy Map Pack From : Harpenden Sports Centre, TL 134 139.

Directions by Car : Follow signs for Harpenden town centre and park in Amenbury Lane Car Park TL 132 140 (public pay & display) SW of town center. Follow footpath out from the SE corner of the car park, SE for 100m to the sports centre. Alternatively use on-street parking in town centre and follow directions for Sports Centre below.

On Foot / By Public Transport : From Harpenden Railway Station head west for 300 metres down Station Road to the High Street ( A1081, previously A6 ) and town centre. From town centre head south for 100 - 400m along Leyton Road (50m to the west of, and parallel to the High Street) to the park gates, TL 135 139. Turn west through gates to the Sports Centre, 100m on right.

Originally Posted By: hordes
what you do in a car park you should keep to yourself....blu_md_wht

Hordes - Have you not tried dogging then, it's quite a popular pass time since Stan Collymore brought it to light

Originally Posted By: BedfordSub
When we played there we went to the clubs bar and they gave us tickets to display in the windows of the vehicles we came in

Yes good point, I don't think they can supply handfulls but Les Crabtree kindly gave 'the great one' a ticket last season which was a nice gesture. I gather that the traffic attendants have recently got wise and know that cars arrive with 18 - 26 year old male occupants for the football about 1.30 oblivious to the pay and display restrictions and descend like vulchers when they walk up the alley to the main Rothamsted Park entrance, it's a licence to print money. It pays to leave the driver with the vehicle whilst someone goes to collect the ticket.

Did you doubt my word then. Why doesn't Les, or someone else from Harpenden Town, come onto the Forum to banter with the rest of us, didn't you ask him.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It pays to leave the driver with the vehicle whilst someone goes to collect the ticket.

Ive got visions of you now Rhodes, Lady Penelope style!

Special1 i would worry less about the parking tickets(which can be obtained from the club and if they run out try the leisure centre as they helped us out), and more about whether they have removed the cattle from the field of play!!!!! It will certainly not suit your style of play.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Les has posted on here in the past, but I think he got bored with Rhodes' ramblings

Actually Les seems to be a regular sort of guy so why would he, he always seems to be out to make a fask buck so would no doubt get on like a house on fire with the likes of Wader and Horace

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
fask buck

You must have very chubby fingers if you are claiming that as a keying error. Or is it another word you just can't spell like vulchers (sic).

And no rhodes although I originally said I had work commitments today they did not materialise. I did not go to another game but I watched the Norman Wisdom double bill on BBC2. Great stuff.

Lato - Yes that was a typing error but I suppose it could have been worse. Changing the subject quickly, I am also a fan of Norman Wisdom, is he still a cult figure in Albania as is Clement Temile in Nigeria as we discussed last Saturday.