Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

aveley

etfc

First half Town completely outplayed by a typical ESL style side.

Big team - long balls - 3 shots = 3 goals.

Fair play to them, they played to their strengths and Town were wowfull.

Second half Town showed a little more enthusiasum and committment but still managed little other than a Rudi pen.

Aveley defence not good under the slightest pressure, but Town just not good enough.

Overall, Town were poor and on this performance will gradually slip down to mid table by season end.

Not sure I will waste my money on Tuesday !!

Foster, Nay, Bastian, Heald, Harvey, Tickner, Jones, Hall, Crace, Hammatt, Deane, Foster, Campbell, Simpson, Grieves, Campbell

The game started with the look and enthusiasm of a training match. On 4 minutes the defence had not woken up and Leli Bajadah was left the simplest of tap ins past Foster without a defender in sight. 1 – 0. On 22 minutes a beautifully placed bottom right corner post goal. 2 – 0. On 35 minutes John Maskell hit a belter from the edge of the box which caught the underside of the bar and bounced wrong side of the line 3 - 0. Not much Andre could do on the last one. The cry went out in desperation – “Sort it out Jim” and those in the know just laughed and said he is on holiday in Egypt. At half time general consensus amongst town fans on the terraces was the Town management were clueless and the players were gutless. A great performance @ Edgware followed by two games where town has lost its way.

A mediocre side like Aveley was whooping our hides and our lads did not seem to know what is expected of them or how to do it. Andy Jones was fouled badly – no action from Mr Parker. Andy Jones fouls he earns Enfield Towns 100th booking this season.

After one of those legendary half time talks – you know the sort where if you bleep out the swear words there isn’t much to inspire Town came out and played. But Aveley were content to shut up shop. One of the best attacks at the start of the second half came from Glen Harvey and one of the best defensive moves was from Michael Deane. Andre Foster made a good save. Bryan Hammatt held the Centre Forward role most of the game which most Town fans know he is not as good as Ricci or Michael in that position. Bryan Hammatt was brought down in the box with a shove in the neck. Penalty! Rudi Hall slots home 3 – 1. Ricci Crace had a couple more good chances to reduce the deficit but to no avail. Heald luck not to walk for a challenge.

All in all a poor display. Once we know for certain that any mathematical possibility of making the playoffs is gone then I hope the board will find some spine and start to put in place a new management team for next season.

All in all a terrible display!! First half was a joke we were all over the place, then we changed to 442 and there was a noticed improvment in the second half. They didnt create anythin in the second half where as we did. I didnt realise jim was on holiday and to be honest that doesnt send out a reassuring message and its not really on!!! For me there were only a couple of players who looked bothered but there was not enough of them to win a football match at any level, Ricci worked hard and did well in spells, ticks was ok, brian tried to get things going and nay worked hard and for me was our MOM. We looked far stronger and more organised playin 442 maybe thats the way forward for us, or a change of management!!

What really makes me laugh about the ' bigger teams ' in our League is how they refuse to give any credit to the opposition when they are beaten. To say we are a mediocre Essex Senior League side who play long ball football is not only utter rubbish but total sour grapes. 3 goals down flattered Enfield at half time and the football Aveley played was excellent. If any defence was weak under pressure it was you.

Whilst I agree you played better in the 2nd it was not really that difficult. With the exception of the odd scramble or two, our defence coped very well and watched you pass from side to side most of the time.As for the moan about the booking, you fail to mention how the 4 only got booked for a cowardly kick in Ben Bradburys face while he was on the floor. Again, seeing what you want to.

Hopefully for you your team can put this behind them and go a promotion push now and not have to come back to our ' desolate craphole ' next season. I fear however that our paths will cross once more next season.

First,lets deal with the 8.50p to get in.(with compulsory programme).An absolute disgrace.Remember last season when it was alledged that they changed their prices when ETFC (and other well supported clubs) came to play.Well again we had a handwritten sign of 8.50p sellotaped over the original price.Those on the gate insisted that was the usual price.Even so, some had suspicions that home fans were not paying that price (if anything at all).Whatever!The inclusion of compulsory programme into any admission fee should be BANNED by the FA.

Right,lets get the 'excuses' out of the way before i discuss the performance.(1).The Pitch was a bobbly and sticky,and reminiscent of your average sunday park pitch in mid winter.(2).It was plainly obviously from the sound and bounce of the matchballs, that all three were flat/Under-inflated throught the game.(3).All three officials looked like 15 year old schoolboys,and officiated as such.

Ok.Jim was away for his usual mid-season weeks Holiday,and as in previous seasons, we got stuffed in his absence.At 2-0 down,P.Hammett switched the defense to a flat four,and put Harvey at right-wing (yes,really).Instead of bringing on a natural right sided player (Campbell).He also put his son up front to partner Crace,with Deane on the wing,even though Bryan has been playing well in midfield and Deane has scored 4 in 3 as a center forward in the last few matches.Bryan had a mare today,the ball was constantly getting stuck under his feet and his shots were mis-timed and weak (as were Crace's).In fact, it was a rare event when one of our players actually passed or struck the ball with anything resembling a positive or solid touch at all.Jonesy has been out of form this month.His mind doesn't seem to be on it,and his fitness is not the best at present.(although the way P.Hammett talked to him when he came off, was not called for).

It also highlights the favoritism at the club.The fact that Rudi gets a start after his sending off last week,but also when he took Deane of in the last ten minutes when it was obvious to everyone in the ground who Ozzie should have replaced.

At the back,our lack of pace is now highlighted by Andre foster who doesn't sweep well behind the defense.His pat at the ball for the first goal was awful and he is constantly letting close range headers go unchallenged in the 6 yard box.I would give Hasler another go between the sticks at present.

We did improve a lot second half and knuckled down to trying to get the three goals back,and created enough chances to easily do that ,but our finishing and final passes weren't up to it today.Overall Aveley deserved the win for an excellent first half display and good allround attitude.

Originally Posted By: ETFCforever
.......or a change of management!!

Only about 18 months too late!

Unanimous decision made in the cafe to stay on the golf course & play 18 holes in the Cambridgeshire countryside rather than make the trip to Aveley.

Cant ever remember not being able to get the enthusiasm for a game on a Saturday but the last two weeks it appears it wasnt such a bad decision!

Still here's to next season.

Playing Rudi today when we know the Board of Directors and many of the fans were not happy at his sending off last week was effectively the Management Team saying "We pick the team" not the Board or the fans. Noted!

Please note this is a unique club in that it is a fans owned club and if left no option to express our views we will vote with our feet. If we vote with our feet your wings will be clipped financially.

Got to chuckle, Ian Cooper has baggage, Robbie Carroll the wrong attitude etc etc, yet I read Rudi started the game today??? after last weeks fiasco & lets be honest numerous other similar incidents & the famous Wroxham fall out, the man must be made of teflon, Im not knocking his football, he has had more good games in a Town shirt than bad, but come on, some of these management decisions, blimey its verging on farcical!

Jamie Bunn come on down....... doah

Well at least that lad really did have talent, & a footballing brain unmatched in any other player to pull on a Town shirt.

Originally Posted By: georges dad
As for the moan about the booking, you fail to mention how the 4 only got booked for a cowardly kick in Ben Bradburys face while he was on the floor. Again, seeing what you want to.

As I recall I think I said Greg Heald was lucky not to walk for that! But if the ref did not have a clear view of the incident he may err on the side of caution.