Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

aveley

etfc

Come on chaps, we cannot make all these excuses.

Town were very poor in the first half today. End of.

Town are not good enough to win promotion this season. End of.

Once we get to see there is no way of gaining 5th spot, perhaps.......and it is only a perhaps, the Board will wake up and act to support the supporters, who's club this is.

Supporters will not keep paying to watch this poor level of football.

Without the supporters, there is no Club. End of.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Come on chaps, we cannot make all these excuses.

Town were very poor in the first half today. End of.
Town are not good enough to win promotion this season. End of.

Once we get to see there is no way of gaining 5th spot, perhaps.......and it is only a perhaps, the Board will wake up and act to support the supporters, who's club this is.
Supporters will not keep paying to watch this poor level of football.

Without the supporters, there is no Club. End of.

The fans elect the Board, the fans can fire the Board! Ask for an EGM if you have no confidence that they will act in the interests of the supporters.

The board should only react WHEN promotion this season is impossible (or looks very highly unlikely).Until then,lets just see what happens.

Jim and his team will either get us the promotion we all crave,or we will get a new mamagement team in.Lets just wait a few months and see how it pans out.As we are still in with a shout for promotion,now is not the time to make any final dicision.

Or you could just turn your back on your original user name and create a new one, just to post an idiotic comment?

In hindsight,the dicision to form a new club was proved totally correct when EFC inevitably went into liquidation with crippling debts.The fact that we maintained a local club for the people of Enfield has proved to be an inspired, brave and groundbraking decision.

LS you should ignore such idiots and not give them even the satisfaction of a reply.

As far as your other point goes you are probably right when you say wait and see....

A play off place is still not out of the question although it will need a turn round. The thinks is that the team can perform - Edgware is a case in point but it is inconsistant to say the least.

My biggest bugbear is still discipline. Our record is appalling as it was last year. The players suspensions are self inflicted and could be avoided.

We now have a reputation and referees will be aware of it. Again Edgware was a case in point. From what I heard about yesterday we did everything we could to get into the ref's bad books with constant carping. THat can be avoided.

One of our players has a record that is so bad that i stuggle to think of anyother player that has one as bad....

On Wednesday I went to Shrivenham to see Shortwood and from the first minute they attempted to bully and intimidate. THe team only reacted by playing football. The ref, though not brilliant, saw what was going on and booked several players (True - some should have walked but it was dealt with) In the end we won 4-0 !

Enough said.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
First half Town completely outplayed by a typical ESL style side.
Big team - long balls - 3 shots = 3 goals.
Fair play to them, they played to their strengths and Town were wowfull.

Second half Town showed a little more enthusiasum and committment but still managed little other than a Rudi pen.
Aveley defence not good under the slightest pressure, but Town just not good enough.

Overall, Town were poor and on this performance will gradually slip down to mid table by season end.

Not sure I will waste my money on Tuesday !!

OMG that is fvcking quality....how does the song go?? We're not as good as we like to think we are!!!

Quality coupy . The usual excuses ,The pitch ,£8;50 to get in Oh and a sellotaped sign ,So & So was playing ,So & So wasn't .Match balls were flat . The officials looked like 15 year olds . Chandler was away (Is that so bad then ! )

I'm just loving this every time you lot get a wooping . Come on Abbeynut Where are you .

Originally Posted By: DonkeyHotTea
Where are Cheshunt in their league?
A division above you of course ...THIS YEAR AND NEXT grin

Poor show all round, Town. Come on, shape up and get it sorted. Personally I am sick and tired of reading about discipline problems. We get the same old promises from the Board "we are aware of the problem and have taken action... new policies in place..."

Botox. It is plain that nothing has changed and nothing will. Persistent offenders should be dropped and/or asked to leave, as applicable.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
A lot of bitter & jealous people on this thread, (with the exception of coup who is the king of one line wind ups) Cheshunt, Romford, Waltham Abbey to come no doubt, all of them top class non league teams..........?
Er Jealous!!! dont make me laugh . We now have a bright young enthusiastic manager who clearly knows his stuff .....And you .... Have super Jimmy Chandler . Its you Townies thats jealous as you have let a talented guy slip through your fingers .As for Michael Deane Your welcome to him .

No fans/Money running out/On a downward spiral.It doesn't look rosy for Cheshunt FC.I expect a bit of short term improvement from the new manager. I hear he will ship in his usual crew of ex-Brimsdown players and a maybe a few Town players who can't make our squad.

Wouldn't it be fun if ETFC and Cheshunt swap leagues next season.We were always going to overtake them in the longterm.It just might happen quicker than we expected.