Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

aveley

etfc

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Quote:
the pitch looked as good as can be realistically expected at this time of year

Tell that to Bryan Hammett and half the other players on the pitch, who seemed to be ubale to dig the ball out from under their feet or run with the ball at all.The fact that it hadn't rained for most of the week (after the previous weeks heavy rain) was probably part of the fault.Dry,Tacky and Tufty would be how i would describe the Aveley pitch (and a few of our own supporters as well at the moment grin)

In fact the surface reminded me of Brimsdowns in the winter.Maybe part of the reason why we played so poorly and why Aveleys tactics and approach worked so well.Our inability to adapt to less than ideal conditions, has left our passing game looking one dimentional and ineffective on many occasions in the past.

Surely if the pitch was like Brimmo's in the Winter it would have helped our team as they are used to it?????.

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
Originally Posted By: abbeynut
Originally Posted By: Albury_Walker
Quality coupy . The usual excuses ,The pitch ,£8;50 to get in Oh and a sellotaped sign ,So & So was playing ,So & So wasn't .Match balls were flat . The officials looked like 15 year olds . Chandler was away (Is that so bad then ! )

I'm just loving this every time you lot get a wooping . Come on Abbeynut Where are you .

I'm staying out of it, one day they will realise how they look to the outside world...

About the same time that Hell freezes over....

Quality lost in translation I'm afraid.... grin

Originally Posted By: Jim Cunneen
WEll I guess thats me out of the inner circle then - although it must be a hell of a size if it spreads to Gloucester - I've never read the Guardian or Independent either. Telegraph reader here....

Fascist!!! giggle