Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

aveley

etfc

Originally Posted By: Albury_Walker
... Er Jealous!!! dont make me laugh .....

Admit it you would love to be part of a fan base like Town's, clearly you'd sooner be a Towner than an Amber, why else would you be so concerned or threatened by a local club?

The reason Michael Deane is no longer a Cheshunt player is because your club hasn't got the decency to pay their players what they are owed!!

I read in yesterday's Non League Paper a column put together by your ex-Skipper, can't remember his name, and he explained the reasons why Cheshunt has lost so many of it's valued players, and gone on a downward spiral, with regards to many being owed and promised their wages at a later date, only for this not to materialise!!

I wouldn't be happy if the running of my club was so shoddy!! Let's face it, you are going down this season, and the appointment of GB is too little too late. One win against Tiverton and you think all is rosy again, but how long will players, and the manager for that matter, stick around with such minimal funds available to pay wages!!

Was away at the weekend and couldn't make it to Aveley, so can't comment on the performance, but it doesn't sound very good for our promotion hopes!!

We have left ourselves in a situation now where we are reliant upon other results going our way if we are to make it into the playoffs, with so many teams having at 2 or more games in hand on us. We would have to go on a very good run of form to make it now (bear in mind our March fixture list!!), and 9 games is too many for us to have lost at such an early point in the season. We can't afford to lose anymore games.

I still think that Ware, Dartford, Sudbury and Redbridge are showing there dominance, and will make up the top 4. Edgware for me draw too many games and are not scoring the required goals. I think we are reliant on Brentwood losing their way, and us pushing them, Maldon, Edgware and Canvey out of that final spot.

Quality coupy . The usual excuses ,The pitch ,£8;50 to get in Oh and a sellotaped sign ,So & So was playing ,So & So wasn't .Match balls were flat . The officials looked like 15 year olds . Chandler was away (Is that so bad then ! )

I'm just loving this every time you lot get a wooping . Come on Abbeynut Where are you .

I'm staying out of it, one day they will realise how they look to the outside world...

Originally Posted By: abbeynut
Quality coupy . The usual excuses ,The pitch ,£8;50 to get in Oh and a sellotaped sign ,So & So was playing ,So & So wasn't .Match balls were flat . The officials looked like 15 year olds . Chandler was away (Is that so bad then ! )

I'm just loving this every time you lot get a wooping . Come on Abbeynut Where are you .

I'm staying out of it, one day they will realise how they look to the outside world...

About the same time that Hell freezes over....

I don't care how things look to others.I tell the truth as i see it. smile

Does anyone that was actually at the game dispute any of my comments?

Was the entrance fee a rip off?

Was the pitch sticky and bobbly?

Did all three officials look like schoolboys?

Did all the matchballs sound flat?

Anyway,i didn't blame these factors solely on our defeat.My 'usual excuses' comment,was obviously tongue in cheek.I laid out exactly why we lost (in detail) in the rest of that post. doah

As usual,as soon as a rival fan makes assumptions about one of my posts,the loyal 'outer circle' in our club are always quick to back them up. applause2 It seems the act of telling-it-like-it-is, can be slightly embarrassing for the more reserved 'cards close to the chest brigade' at our club. blush

Imformation is power.Power corrupts.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I don't care how things look to others.I tell the truth as i see it. smile

Does anyone that was actually at the game dispute any of my comments?

Was the entrance fee a rip off? NO
Was the pitch sticky and bobbly? NO
Did all three officials look like schoolboys? YES
Did all the matchballs sound flat? NO

Anyway,i didn't blame these factors solely on our defeat.My 'usual excuses' comment,was obviously tongue in cheek.I laid out exactly why we lost (in detail) in the rest of that post. doah

As usual,as soon as a rival fan makes assumptions about one of my posts,the loyal 'outer circle' in our club are always quick to back them up. applause2 It seems the act of telling-it-like-it-is, can be slightly embarrassing for the more reserved 'cards close to the chest brigade' brigade at our club. blush

Imformation is power.Power corrupts.

For what it's worth, I wasn't happy with paying £8.50, programme or not, I didn't notice the match balls either way, and the pitch looked as good as can be realistically expected at this time of year and after this amount of rain.

As for the officials, I didn't think they had a bad game, although I grant you that they did look about 15.

None of this makes up for the fact that our players defended like they'd never met each other for the first 30 minutes, and after that the game was dead. Second half, we showed what we could do, and made several good chances, but the game was over by then. Credit to Aveley - we gave them the opportunity in the first half, and they buried us. No complaints about the result from me, just the first half performance.

P.S. I'm not in any circles, inner or outer.

Originally Posted By: Barney
For what it's worth, I wasn't happy with paying £8.50, programme or not, I didn't notice the match balls either way, and the pitch looked as good as can be realistically expected at this time of year and after this amount of rain.

As for the officials, I didn't think they had a bad game, although I grant you that they did look about 15.

None of this makes up for the fact that our players defended like they'd never met each other for the first 30 minutes, and after that the game was dead. Second half, we showed what we could do, and made several good chances, but the game was over by then. Credit to Aveley - we gave them the opportunity in the first half, and they buried us. No complaints about the result from me, just the first half performance.

P.S. I'm not in any circles, inner or outer.

Too late, you are now.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Your final application to become a Cirler will of course depend on the most important requirment of all.Ie..Can you confirm you are a Guardian/Independent reader. biglove

If so,please fill out your form and apply forthwith.

You're slipping, I've never read either (Though the free cd's at the weekend were tempting!!!).

Quote:
the pitch looked as good as can be realistically expected at this time of year

Tell that to Bryan Hammett and half the other players on the pitch, who seemed to be unable to dig the ball out from under their feet or run with the ball at all.The fact that it hadn't rained for most of the week (after the previous weeks heavy rain) was probably part of the fault.Dry,Tacky and Tufty would be how i would describe the Aveley pitch (and a few of our own supporters as well at the moment grin)

In fact the surface reminded me of Brimsdowns in the winter.Maybe part of the reason why we played so poorly and why Aveleys tactics and approach worked so well.Our inability to adapt to less than ideal conditions, has left our passing game looking one dimensional and ineffective on many occasions in the past.