Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hampton & R - Latest Score

lovely stuff

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

For me, Harvey offers not much more pace than Heald/Tickner.We were ripped open at Dartford with Glen as sweeper and again in the first 20 minutes against Aveley.This is not to have a go at Glen who is a solid utility player,BUT if we were going to employ a sweeper then Dave Allen was the only real viable player to fill that role (but he was hardly picked and as a result felt it wasn't worth committing to the game any longer).I agree that Heald and Tickner can be exposed a bit for pace.This would not be a big problem if we had a keeper who could sweep up long balls over the top-like Chopper and JJ did in the past.

Disagree slightly LS - although Glenn isn't jet-propelled, he reads the game and anticipates well, which makes him appear slightly quicker than he actually is. I like the way he seems able to cover either centre back whenever the ball is played behind them. However, your points about a pro-active, sweeping goalkeeper is well-made.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
This would not be a big problem if we had a keeper who could sweep up long balls over the top-like Chopper and JJ did in the past.

JJ is the best keeper Town have had by a long shot, different class - is there anyway we can get West Ham to give him the boot so that we can regain his services? grin Only joking of course!! Chopper was a good shot stopper, but in my opinion not much better than what we have at the moment. I understand he was a loyal servant for both EFC and ETFC - I personally just had my doubts.

Charlie started a little shaky on Tuesday but got better and had a good game, and I have more faith in him coming for high balls than Andre. With CH it is a confidence thing. With more belief in himself and his decision making he can be our number 1 for sure, and he should get his chance now - Andre has slight butter fingers.

Charlie came racing out on Tuesday clearing up after Heald and Tickner on occassions, and made a couple of good decisions. For their first goal he got there at the same time as there forward, managed to get the contact on the ball that was required, but unfortunately it fell straight to the feet of a second H&R player who finished with a lob remarkably well from distance. The second goal he had no chance. Also, if Andre is only on loan, where is the long term advantage of sticking with a keeper who could be recalled at any moment in time?

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Re the penalty shootout wasn't their keeper off his line for at least two of them ? It appears ref's continue to let keepers get away with murder on this issue .

Shame he wasn't standing on the Crossbar for Greg's pen, save someone having to go & try & find it outside the ground...