Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

INGHILTERRA SQUAD!!!!

Gussy

Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Liverpool on loan at Aston Villa), Chris Kirkland (Wigan Athletic)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Curtis Davies (West Brom on loan at Aston Villa), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Ledley King (Tottenham Hotspur), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Matthew Upson (West Ham United), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers)

Forwards: Emile Heskey (Wigan Athletic), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool)

No real surprises really not a bad squad!

shame Dave Kitson not in the squad. It would have been nice for the new manager to bring more fresh faces in to shake things up a bit.

I reckon he'll go with

GK - James

RB - Richards

LB - Bridge

CM - Gerrard - capt

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Woodgate

RM - Bentley

CM - Hargreaves

CF - Rooney

CF - Owen

LM - Young

I've got to say that i think leaving Beckham out and not giving him his 100th cap is nothing short of a disgrace.

Fine he might not be in the future plans of Capello as he's pushing on in football terms and yes i agree we should be bringing the youngsters through but he deserves his 100th cap, no doubt about it.

All Capello had to do was include him, give him the armband for the game and then maybe bring him off after an hour to let him have his moment. Even a 10 minute cameo at the end would have sufficed if not. Then English football can move on from there.

There's no doubt that the England team hasn't delivered the last few years but to treat someone of Beckham's stature, who has excelled more than others and at least looks like he gives a sh!t is very bad. Not a good start for Capello in my opinion

An interesting point, Guffer.

In some ways I agree with you, but I gather there is a fair amount of bad feeling at his exodus to the U.S.A., even though he has been 'training' with Arsenal.

I think when he went to the states, he thought he was going to be playing for a white chocolate company !

bolt