Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

div 1 run in......

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
What, even after yesterday's embarrassing reverse against Ampthill Town

I wouldnt say embarrassing Cliff. Disappointing, of course, but theres no shame in losing to Ampthill.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
I fancy Bristol City duck

Greg Dyke - A Bristol City supporter from Sweden is staying with me for the weekend, he is going to Ellerslie Road tomorrow. How come you fancy them for automatic promotion.

they have the best manager outside the Premiership

Did you know that I used to follow Bristol City and still have a soft spot for them but I don't particularly rate their Manager, they took a hiding yesterday at South Africa Road

He hasn't exactly succeeded with Bristol City yet, we will see if he gets them into the Premiership. The former Bristol City Manager Alan Dicks would wipe the floor with Johnson

Originally Posted By: Horace
What, even after yesterday's embarrassing reverse against Ampthill Town

Ampthill are not that bad. Have been underachieving - do you have to play them still?

Kentish scraped it by 1 goal in 7 early on in the season at our place. We knocked them out of the Div1 cup at their place.

He hasn't exactly succeeded with Bristol City yet, we will see if he gets them into the Premiership. The former Bristol City Manager Alan Dicks would wipe the floor with Johnson

Dicks (Bristol C boss) Oct 1967 to Sept 1980
win percentage 33%
points per game 1.39
(including cup games and 3 points for a win)
honours - 1 promotion, no league wins

Johnson (Bristol C boss) Sept 2005 to Present
win percentage 47%
points per game 1.71
honours - 2 championships (yeovil) and 1 promotion (city)

I'd say Johnson was better at the moment...

Greg Dyke - nothing is ever as straightforward as it seems where old clip Rods is concerned. Basically, Gary Johnson's uncle used to be Chairman of the Middlesex County League and, for some unfathomable reason (possibly the SLeB factor?), clippy has a huge chip on his shoulder over everything and anything remotely connected to the Middlesex County League and, as you've seen with his continual babyish outbursts towards the Haringey Borough Chairman, he is quite simply incapable of letting go and leaving things to lie. It's basically "having a pop by association".

Originally Posted By: southmidsfan

Kentish scraped it by 1 goal in 7 early on in the season at our place. We knocked them out of the Div1 cup at their place.

You knocked the reserve team out of the Div 1 Cup! This year the cups were used to test the reserves. (with me in there as well as I was in the bad books at the time)

Kentish scraped it by 1 goal in 7 early on in the season at our place. We knocked them out of the Div1 cup at their place

We beat you comfortably at Ampthill Park, the 4-3 scoreline made it look much closer than it was. As for the Division 1 Cup game at the Copthall Stadium you somehow fluked a win with us 1-0 ahead on the ninety minute mark and then proceeded to trash our boardroom.

Kentish scraped it by 1 goal in 7 early on in the season at our place. We knocked them out of the Div1 cup at their place

We beat you comfortably at Ampthill Park, the 4-3 scoreline made it look much closer than it was. As for the Division 1 Cup game at the Copthall Stadium you somehow fluked a win with us 1-0 ahead on the ninety minute mark and then proceeded to trash our boardroom.

Rhodes, that actually made me laugh out loud. Brilliant!!!!

It wasn't meant to be funny, it's the truth. Were you at the game at Ampthill Park when we won 4-3.

You could be right, they certainly know all the tricks of the trade such as hiding match balls in their dugout with the clock ticking down.

It wasn't meant to be funny, it's the truth. Were you at the game at Ampthill Park when we won 4-3.

I was watching it from the sidelines enjoying the sunshine like you. I was serving a suspension resulting from being punched by a Kentish Town player the season before.

Ironically the same Kentish Town player was playing and scored the winner if I remember correctly.

Where's the justice in that!!!!!???????

So you're the guy that got our Thomas Looney sent off last season on 14 April when you provoked him, I was disgusted by your antics that day