Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tossers

Krooner

More. Fecking any would of been a start.

Scumborough. Back in the late 70's they nicked our entiere squad by offering more money. They then obviously went on years of overspending and getting success while we have kept an even keel. I thnk watch them finally go bust ripping off taxpayer and local firms alike only to see them be allowed to start again above clubs who havent gone boom and bust. Now that is fair. And then do not get me started on Football Foundation Grants.

Poor old Farnborough.

Still - Makes a change not slagging off a certain other CCL team !

Originally Posted By: Krooner
More. Fecking any would of been a start.

Scumborough. Back in the late 70's they nicked our entiere squad by offering more money. They then obviously went on years of overspending and getting success while we have kept an even keel. I thnk watch them finally go bust ripping off taxpayer and local firms alike only to see them be allowed to start again above clubs who havent gone boom and bust. Now that is fair. And then do not get me started on Football Foundation Grants.

Not that you're one to hold a grudge or anything smile

It does seem to be the norm now that if a club goes belly up, then they start up again two leagues below. Always the fans I feel sorry for in those situations though (although they rarely complain when the silly money is being chucked around).

Don't understand the ins & outs of FF grants - I do remember Merstham getting a decent wedge though and they built their new changing room block.

Originally Posted By: TRS
Originally Posted By: Gussy
Who cares if Krooner calls em Scumborough they deserve it angry

But why? Just curious as i've always quite liked Farnborough Town, even when Westley was there predicting Premiership in ten years!!

I played briefly under Westley at Farnborough and i thought he was a total [****!!****]. Had no real long term plans for Farnborough. All he would have had to do was look at the books and see what a state they were in. He brought in some quality players and got a great run in the Fa Cup with a great tie against Arsenal. Made a few quid and scarpered. He gave Farnborough Town serious hope but failed to deliver. He wanted overnight success which he got. Now look where Farnborough are!!

Basically Scumborough Town were awarded a grant to develop their ground. When they went tits up and formed the new club they were immediately awarded the grant again. How unfair is that on clubs like us, Merstham, Frimley Green etc who keep their heads above water but struggle to get these grants. It is so wrong. The whole issue of clubs going bust and being allowed to start above other sides is morally wrong. They should have to start at the lowest level of senior football ie Step 6. That isnt just for Farnborough that is for them all.

Interestingly enough TRS the grudge had slowly been dying but has been rekindled this year because of a couple of issues that have arisen since the formation of the new club.