Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase

Krooner

Krooners lost 2-0. We didnt play well and the Essex boys deserved their victory.

I hear Merstham won 5-4 after aet but that doesnt tell the hwole story. Can anyone out there confirm the story I am getting about the 90th minute incident ?

Well played Merstham you can win this and I will be at Wembley cheering you on.

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Krooners lost 2-0. We didnt play well and the Essex boys deserved their victory.

I hear Merstham won 5-4 after aet but that doesnt tell the hwole story. Can anyone out there confirm the story I am getting about the 90th minute incident ?

Well played Merstham you can win this and I will be at Wembley cheering you on.

Consett conceded a 90th minute penalty when one of theirs swung an elbow apparently and was sent off. Any more to it than that?

Absolutely true. We were out!!! Moment of madness and we were back in! Fair play to the officials who enforced the law of the game and in particular the lino when the ref had follwed the ball. Even then we conceded a terrible goal to a charged down GK clearance 1 minute into extra time and then found ourselves 4-2 down to a wonderful free kick from Pounder. Credit to the boys for staying in the hunt and Reidy's goal back just before half time of ET was undoubtedly key to us coming back to win the game. We can definitely play better. The occasion got to us, but we're still in the hat and let's hope for some further luck in the draw on Monday.

Consett were a great footballing side ,very unlucky to lose, but that is football.A pulsating match that had two pivotal points,firstly the goal keeper threw the ball out of play because one of his team was doing up his laces.The Ref told Merstham it was their throw ,play on and they duly scored.Consett went mental at AGYEI and the ref had to intervene.They lost all of their composure from this moment and I felt it was only a matter of time before one of their players was sent off.The second incident was the penalty in the third minute of injury time.I was standing directly behind the Lino when Greenhouse was elbowed not ten yards in front of us.The ref,who was very good all day,got the decision absolutely right.

There were too many goals ,incidents,wood work hit to tell it all,but one moment of madness by the defender ultimately cost Consett the game.