Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

an!!Micheal Brothers

afctilidie

To all the die hard AFC Hornchurch fans!!

Our new signing Micheal Brothers is planning to play for Brantham Athletic in the stupid FA sunday cup at boston united. This is such a stupid idea yellow card and reds count for days not games and mindless idiots will injure people, Anyone in authority please stop this. It is sunday 24th February!! HELP

Originally Posted By: afctilidie
To all the die hard AFC Hornchurch fans!!

Our new signing Micheal Brothers is planning to play for Brantham Athletic in the stupid FA sunday cup at boston united. This is such a stupid idea yellow card and reds count for days not games and mindless idiots will injure people, Anyone in authority please stop this. It is sunday 24th February!! HELP

don't worry becky..(we got your email today thank you) and its all sorted...michael will not play in the sunday cup game and colin has taken his place on the left flank at boston united....

colin thanks you all for your support and is now in training for that game.....

he's reckons he is still faster than michael up the left flank... yay devil

i must say i am never a fan of players playing saturdays and sundays,i understand they love playing the game but once you choose to play at a certain level i am afraid you have to forfeit sunday games.I know some ESL players play both days and i don't really agree with it but thats their choice.

I suppose once you have players who play in front of paying customers it becomes their duty to ensure that that club is their only priority in footballing terms,saying that i have had a friend play at ryman level before and was pressured to play sundays by his mates,one of which was me,but this was a long time ago when i could actually move!

The first Sunday cup final was in 1966 and it was won by a team from the borough now known as Havering - they played at the Lamson Paragon ground in Rainham, and the first ever attendance is still a record - 5500. They also set up the record attendance at St Albans in the semi final, as well as the record attendance for the Lamson Paragon ground.

Not bad to a 'stupid' FA Sunday Cup.

It has also been won by other teams from this area. And here's one for Max - did any HFC players play in the final?

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
i must say i am never a fan of players playing saturdays and sundays,i understand they love playing the game but once you choose to play at a certain level i am afraid you have to forfeit sunday games.I know some ESL players play both days and i don't really agree with it but thats their choice.
I suppose once you have players who play in front of paying customers it becomes their duty to ensure that that club is their only priority in footballing terms,saying that i have had a friend play at ryman level before and was pressured to play sundays by his mates,one of which was me,but this was a long time ago when i could actually move!

I went and opened up the clubhouse and the stadium a few weeks before xmas rob for a sunday game that was booked at the last minute as a favour to one of our directors...couldn't believe the players that turned up and paid 50 quid for the luxury of playing....some of them on a million quid a year...

I did it...colin did it and anyone that loves this wonderful game will do it....a bit of grass...four jumpers and a ball...and pay to play the beautiful game as long as we could as too quickly the years go by and we can't anymore...

lest we forget sometimes...thats what it is really all about...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

I went and opened up the clubhouse and the stadium a few weeks before xmas rob for a sunday game that was booked at the last minute as a favour to one of our directors...couldn't believe the players that turned up and paid 50 quid for the luxury of playing....some of them on a million quid a year...

So, was it only AFC Hornchurch players that turned up then? grin

would of loved to see you old foggies playing

yeah well you just might if the young uns dont stop fckn around and frightening us to death as per saturday...

I ran 10 miles yesterday on colins instructions...he wants to bring me back from retirement...reckons my pace can get us into the play offs...

waddayafink.... yay

Originally Posted By: TRS

So, was it only AFC Hornchurch players that turned up then? grin

ha ha ha.. grin

wotcha mate how goes it...

ha ha ha.. grin

Not bad ta. Just waiting for us to slip up tomorrow at home to Wealdstone. Well done on your impressive (but annoying) comeback on Saturday. Even more annoying as the score was given as 0-2 as we were filing out on Saturday (no offence meant)...

Originally Posted By: TRS

ha ha ha.. grin

Not bad ta. Just waiting for us to slip up tomorrow at home to Wealdstone. Well done on your impressive (but annoying) comeback on Saturday. Even more annoying as the score was given as 0-2 as we were filing out on Saturday (no offence meant)...

my moneys on you lot at home....(edited I thought you were away)

would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when you lot got the bridge full time on saturday.... devil

its all going the way I predicted...massive last day at the bridge....

cheerleader

if we need your pace we really are in the sh1t!

don't be so pessamistic..these new pacemakers are the bollox...

trust me... yay

If you and Colin ask nicely Unc I may dust down my white Mitre Mohawks and make a comeback