Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 23rd Feb

SATURDAY 23rd

PREMIER DIVISION

Biggleswade Town 0-0 Leverstock Green

Biggleswade United 0-4 Cockfosters

Brimsdown Rovers 1-2 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Colney Heath 2-1 Aylesbury Vale

Holmer Green 0-4 Harefield United

Kingsbury Lndn Tigers 1-0 Hanwell Town

Langford 0-2 Beaconsfield SYCOB

London Colney 0-1 Ruislip Manor

Oxhey Jets 0-2 Hertford Town

St Margaretsbury 0-1 Tring Athletic

Welwyn Garden City 1-3 Chalfont St Peter

DIVISION ONE

Bedford Town Reserves 0-0 Amersham Town

Brache Sparta 1-0 Arlesey Athletic

Cranfield United 0-2 New Bradwell St Peter

Harpenden Town 0-1 Ampthill Town

Hoddesdon Town 4-0 Buckingham Athletic

Kentish Town 2-0 Winslow United

Royston Town 2-0 Stony Stratford Town

Sport London e Benfica 2-4 Bedford

Sun Postal Sports 0-4 Cheshunt Reserves

BEDS SENIOR TROPHY SEMI FINAL

Kent Athletic 3-6 Caldecote

DIVISION TWO

AFC Dunstable 7-0 Markyate

Aston Clinton 4-1 Old Bradwell United

Caddington 4-1 Risborough Rangers

Crawley Green 2-1 Mursley United

Kings Langley 3-1 Tring Corinthians

Padbury United 1-4 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Totternhoe 1-7 The 61 FC (Luton

Yes and he could have had three or four more at least, the press were falling over themselves at the end to get an interview with him. Winslow were very physical and the most unfriendly outfit I've experienced, they rushed straight off afterwards without touching their sandwiches.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Kings Langley 3-1 Tring Corinthians

I'll be interested to know why there was no programme printed, AWK may know:

Kings Langley 3 Tring Corinthians 1

After the hoppers reunion in the morning I visited the Gaywood Park ground of Spartan South Midlands League Division Two table toppers Kings Langley.
Basically a railed off pitch but what I really liked about this ground was a large grass bank along one side which gave an excellent elevated view of the action.Also there is a canal adjacent to the other side of the ground plus the very busy railway line which goes behind the far goal which makes for a very pleasant setting to watch football.There is a small amount of cover in front of the clubhouse but this is not much use as it faces the juniors pitch!
As for the game, Kings Langley cruised to a comfortable victory against a spirited Tring team who lacked the finishing touch to their neat approach play.In fact Kings Langley could have won by more if their No.9 knew the offside law. He spent the whole match getting caught offside and then blaming the linesman and everybody else!!
No programme issued for this game and I'm not sure if they issue at all, no-one I asked seemed to know!

As far as Im aware Kings Langley haven't issued a programme since falling into Division 2. I do know before that they issued a huge programme which would have dwarfed even yours from last season Rhodes, apparently the bloke who done it never went to the Kings Langley matches either.

Congratulations on your excellent 7-1 win today by the way, did you go to Totternhoe

It was far more than that, ask every team we have played at home this season. I think Winslow United have a reputation of being an unfriendly and standoffish Club, their two Managers, who I believe are brothers, are the worst offenders.

Ask Haringey Borough that question, I don't think they will agree with you, their players didn't want to leave and three or four asked me in confidence if there was any chance of them joining us

Our good run of scoring came to an end yesterday against a good SYVOB outfit. We had a few chances but in truth just about the right result. I think we will struggle in the next few weeks due to absence of one of our main strikers and also the loss of Marc Barnes who joins Hitchin Town this week (he was also subject of a 7-dayer from a top team in our division).

Having played the top four in recent weeks I would say Chalfont are just in front of Biggleswade Town who are closely followed by Brimo and SYCOB

By the way Rhodes, I also attended Highbury Grove School, It is a small world, is it not!!!

MIKO - You are probably a lot younger than me but I believe it is still the most popular School to go to in the Highbury area and it was virtually a fight to the death to get accepted even in the early 70's.

Did Bradley play and what has happened to Safraz, he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth and isn't even turning out for Times Athletic in the Islington Midweek League

Great result for you yesterday Blues06. I mentioned your potential to get the result in the Prem Preview on Thursday and glad to see you pulling it together well. You've had some great results against higher placed clubs this season.

For ourselves, looking at the run in games I think we can haul up the white flag now and enjoy watching the battle of the Chalfont and the Beaco for top spot.

Don't give up just yey Wader, as my opinion is that you are a better side than SYCOB.

Sadly Rhodes I think the opposite is true (I am older than you) because I was at Highbury Grove from the start when your namesake - Rhodes-Boyson was the Head, he went on to become a Minister in the Tory government. But you are correct that only the best got into that School LOL

I cannot understand the results for Broxbourne, against us they were superb and I thought they would really challenge the top four, but then they have some strange results against teams below them then a fantastic result against Brimmo - as Greavsie says "it's a funny old game"

Miko, as I said with V&E I just think it's who turns up on the day for them, physically and mentally. They have some good players and are capable of beating anyone in the league on their day. I really thought you'd grab a draw yesterday Miko, but Beaco seem to be coming good at the right time. You've had a great run of results yourself and some of those scorelines you've racked up have been very impressive.

I'm just being realistic in my view that the in-form teams (Chalfont and Beaco) will be the 2 challengers for the championship.