Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 23rd Feb

Originally Posted By: MIKO
Sadly Rhodes I think the opposite is true (I am older than you) because I was at Highbury Grove from the start when your namesake - Rhodes-Boyson was the Head, he went on to become a Minister in the Tory government. But you are correct that only the best got into that School LOL

MIKO - You can't be that much older than me, I joined Highbury Grove in September 1970 if I recall which was a great year for Highbury with Arsenal having just won the Fairs Cup and going on to win the Double that season. Rhodes-Boyson gave me a real grilling at the interview, do you know if he's still alive.

Can anyone tell me whether anyone will be relegated this year from Div 1, I dont know which clubs in Div 2 have the facilities(i believe Crawley are at Barton to enable promotion)

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
SATURDAY

DIVISION TWO

AFC Dunstable 7-0 Markyate

Aston Clinton 4-1 Old Bradwell United

Caddington 4-1 Risborough Rangers

Crawley Green 2-1 Mursley United

Kings Langley 3-1 Tring Corinthians

Padbury United 1-4 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Totternhoe 1-7 The 61 FC (Luton

I cannot understand the results for Broxbourne, against us they were superb and I thought they would really challenge the top four, but then they have some strange results against teams below them then a fantastic result against Brimmo -as Greavsie says "it's a funny old game"

An anorak from another's Forum appears to have been in attendance at Goldsdown Road yesterday but I can't make head nor tail of his post:

after Marsh Rangers (162 attendance DJ headcount) headed off to deposit two of our crew at Whitewebbs (one paper chaser left nervously there) then moved on with RonnieRed to Brimsdown Rovers v Broxbourne; crowd of 57 varieties (including lovely wags); £4 in and £1 for a decent programme; reasonable game with the visitors edging home deservedly 2-1; a double tick with Enfield Town groundsharing; they get more than 4x the Brimsdown gate; more evidence of their role there than the home sides apart from a busy clubhouse; returned to GBG to collect the Whitewebb crew before the slow journey home (apologies!!) 2 new grounds, 3 ticks in the book, 3 new GBG pubs, visit to White Horse at Hedgerley etc.. Wolves won, Sandwell lost, England win the egg-chasing almost the perfect day!! (pity about S.C.U.M.

Was she watching yesterday, the anorak was probably talking about the 'pom pom girls' that Gordon Boateng introduced during his tenure at Brimsdown Rovers as he was all for that sort of razamataz. Incidentally does Bradley's dad still come to watch him play regularly, he's a diamond isn't he.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Was she watching yesterday, the anorak was probably talking about the 'pom pom girls' that Gordon Boateng introduced during his tenure at Brimsdown Rovers as he was all for that sort of razamataz.

Why are you so down right rude about groundhoppers? Don't they make up at least half your gate usually?

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Why are you so down right rude about groundhoppers? Don't they make up at least half your gate usually?

HTFCew - No offence but that's exactly what they are (anoraks), if they weren't travelling around the Country to football matches and ticking off grounds they would be standing at the end of Crewe station with a notepad and pen in their hand and a flask of tea in their ruck sacks.

HTFCew - Nothing to do with the SSML but this is a typical example of an anorak post from another's Forum, take the chicken and haggis pie comment for example. What surprised me however was the £14 entry for a Scottish Division 2 game, surely notoriously tight sweaty socks would find that daylight robbery!

Ayr United 0 Brechin City 3 Scottish League Division 2

Admission £14 (main stand)

Programme £1.50 (disappointing)

Tea £1 (I thoroughly recommend the Chicken and haggis pies)

Who could refuse a lift up to watch Ayr United? The club treated us really well and made us feel very friendly. Brechin were the better side and deserved the win, but the home team had a player sent off and missed a penalty. It's such a shame that this fantastic ground will soon be no more. Oh well it means another new ground to visit.

Last match Ayr United 0 Brechin City 3

Last new ground Ayr United

Goal average this season 3.85

Goal since last 0-0 70.

HTFCew - No offence but that's exactly what they are (anoraks), if they weren't travelling around the Country to football matches and ticking off grounds they would be standing at the end of Crewe station with a notepad and pen in their hand and a flask of tea in their ruck sacks.

And what would you be doing if you wasn't hanging

around KTFC like a bad smell?

Keeper No One - You don't seem to have a very high opinion of me for some reason, why is that exactly

Originally Posted By: Football Man
as Greavsie says "it's a funny old game"

It was Harry Enfield actually (voicing on Spitting Image). Jimmy Greaves has never said that phrase.

You obviously never heard his and Ian St John's after dinner speaking!

MIKO - Who was your Housemaster, mine was Doug Saunders