Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 23rd Feb

Originally Posted By: MIKO
Rhodes, I don't know if R-B is still alive but he would be in his eighties now.

From his Wikipedia entry - now we know where Rhodes got his training in not doing irony etc!

"In 1994, he made a somewhat infamous appearance on the BBC topical panel show Have I Got News For You in which he appeared not to appreciate either the light-hearted or quiz nature of the programme. His sometimes incoherent ramblings and tangents led to efforts by team captain Paul Merton to keep the audience amused via mime (including pretending to strangle himself) while Boyson talked. Fellow guest Maureen Lipman was observed to wipe away tears caused by a mixture of amusement and embarrassment. He has also appeared (and been lampooned) on shows such as Brass Eye and Ali G. Again, most of the humour in these appearance stemmed from Boyson's apparent failure to recognise the comedic or satirical nature of what he was engaged in and his apparent on-face acceptance of extremely exaggerated comic scenarios put to him."

Horace - Thanks for posting that, very interesting, but it doesn't indicate whether the great man is alive or dead!

He's not recorded as dead on Wikipedia (but Lato will tell you how inaccurate that can be!)

Cheers Wader and HTFCew

Yeah I got lazy on the last bit HTFCew, I added a couple of more fixtures to fill the page and the old copy and paste got me again! After doing all that I couldn't be bothered to go through it all again straight away and I knew youd spot any mistakes grin Fixed now though.

Yes HTFCew doesn't miss a trick and delights in picking people up on their mistakes, you must feel a bit down in the mouth having gone to so much trouble. Do you have stats for the First Division too.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Langford 0-2 Beaconsfield SYCOB

I see that Langford came back down to earth with a bump on Saturday:

http://langford.intheteam.com/modules/ne...mp;itemCount=20

Rhodes - You are testing my memory now !, I think it was a guy called Richards although I also remember Chapman, Briggs and Shah

MIKO - That's strange, I remember it like it was yesterday, so you were in Richmond then

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes HTFCew doesn't miss a trick and delights in picking people up on their mistakes, you must feel a bit down in the mouth having gone to so much trouble. Do you have stats for the First Division too.

Im grateful to HTFCew for pointing it out Rhodes, at least if its online I can change it (rather than when I notice a mistake in the programme after I have printed it!!)

I have the stats for Division One, and a right pain they are too. Why Div 1 struggles so much to get attendances, goalscorers and goaltimes in the bulletin is beyond me, I spend most of the time searching teams web sites hoping for confirmation. I still can't always find what i want though, for example there are only 4 goalscorers given for Stony Stratford in their 5-3 home win over Haringey Borough.

I am busy for the next couple of days, but I will try to get the Division One stats online on Friday.

Congratulations AWK on those stats. Very interesting reading from a Langford point of view - Most goals and a midfield player up on 19 goals!

Cheers MIKO, I must admit I didn't realise Robert Groves was a midfielder, what an excellent goalscoring record.

Originally Posted By: blues06
great facts there!! i knew our away form was very good, but not that good!! if our home form was anywhere near decent we could have been right up there!!

I'm glad we're playing at yours next Tuesday! (We've only got four away games left, and two of them are the next two games! So, eight out of the last ten at home!)