Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 23rd Feb

Originally Posted By: blues06
should be a good game next tuesday!! no doubt be another close game! shame its not on a saturday to bolster the crowd!

Yes - midweek games useless for crowds! Should still be one of your best though.

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
AWK - I Know who was responsible for that excellent programme that was produced when we came down to you in the Beds Senior Trophy, a fantastic read of stats (sorry do i sound like a another forum member!)

Cheers Mcmullen, that is my programme and I'm glad you liked it. Disappointed to have gone out of the BST so early, but we got the unlucky draw as at the time you were flying, though was very surprised when you went out in the next round, especially as the Bedfordshire League teams had struggled so much in the competition the previous season.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Originally Posted By: AWK

I still can't always find what i want though, for example there are only 4 goalscorers given for Stony Stratford in their 5-3 home win over Haringey Borough.

The other one was Ben Hill - sorry I don't know the time though.

Thanks HTFCew, how did you find that out?

I have a few scorers who have the same name but have played for different teams, does anyone know if they are the same player:

Barry Bellhouse (Cranfield United/Ampthill Town)

James Diplock (Arlesey Athletic/Stony Stratford Town)

Tony Hill (Cranfield United/Ampthill Town)

Gary Hutchinson (Ampthill Town/Stony Stratford Town)

Kevin Hyde (Stony Stratford Town/New Bradwell St Peter)

Andrew Stokes (Haringey Borough/Royston Town)

And Rhodes, if you give me the times of Lee Scott's goals vs Harpenden I can give you some extra stats for Kentish Town as well.

Yeah horrible day pitch just as bad and a bad call from me using an under strength side, these things happen and fair play they wanted badly against the higher league club they had a point to prove.

Originally Posted By: AWK
Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
AWK - I Know who was responsible for that excellent programme that was produced when we came down to you in the Beds Senior Trophy, a fantastic read of stats (sorry do i sound like a another forum member!)

Cheers Mcmullen, that is my programme and I'm glad you liked it. Disappointed to have gone out of the BST so early, but we got the unlucky draw as at the time you were flying, though was very surprised when you went out in the next round, especially as the Bedfordshire League teams had struggled so much in the competition the previous season.

Cranfield United 0-2 New Bradwell St Peter

A report on the above, sounds fairly comfortable unlike when Haringey Borough went to Cranfield:

The 5th clean sheet on the trot in the league for New Bradwell after this comfortable victory at their local rivals Cranfield. The home side failed to trouble Tom Kennards goal throughout the game and the visiting defence was well on top.
A stop-start first half didn't allow Bradwell to play their usual flowing passing style of football and it took us some time to settle down. Cranfield put us under some early pressure with various free kicks and corners which were well delivered. A combination of luck and good defending kept Hill and Bellhouse at bay.
Bradwell went ahead when Greg Tite scored his 12th of the season. We won the ball in defence Having defended well for a goal kick. The kick was flicked on by dave Cole into Tite's path and he neatly slid home from around twelve yards out.
Bradwell doubled their lead about ten minutes later when Dave King won the ball before playing it to Lea Coulter. Coulters drive from the edge of the area was helped home by Brendan Quill with a sharp finish from the prolific centre back.
Bradwell were in control of the game with Patel, Tite, Coulter and Cole making good runs into the heart of the home defence. Greg Tite's delivery from corners was causing some difficulty for the home defenders. Dave King and Ed Wheatley had a good grip of the midfield and battled manfully.
Paul Stokes headed a Rob Mooney free kick against the top of the bar shortly before half time. Lea Coulter also went close when his shot cleared tha bar after some direct running at the heart of the home defence.
Bradwell were solid in the second half and could have gone further ahead after great work From Mihir "Giggsie" Patel and substitute Martin Lee. Lee hit the top of the crossbar after he burst through the home defence. Tite and Patel both had shots blocked. Another sub, Kevin Hyde also had an effort blocked after great work and movement from Coulter, Robb and Patel.
Bradwell ran out worthy winners in this local derby and completed the double over Cranfield with energy and effort to spare. A good performance without hitting top gear, particularly in the second half. We were tight all over and very good defensively against two good local strikers. Great attitude from the players as we head back up to 4th in the division.

Line up; Tom Kennard, Jason Robinson, Mihir Patel, Paul Stokes, Rob Mooney (Captain), Brendan Quill, Ed Wheatley, Lea Coulter, Greg Tite, Dave Cole, Dave King.
Subs used; Dean Robb, Kevin Hyde, Martyn Lee.
Sub not used; Mike Downard.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Cranfield United 0-2 New Bradwell St Peter

A report on the above, sounds fairly comfortable unlike when Haringey Borough went to Cranfield:

I suppose Kentish Town went to Cranfield and won 6-0 then?