Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 1st March

PREMIER DIVISION

Aylesbury Vale 0-1 St Margaretsbury

Beaconsfield SYCOB 2-0 Brimsdown Rovers

Biggleswade United 0-2 Kingsbury Lndn Tigers

Chalfont St Peter 0-2 Colney Heath

Cockfosters 1-1 Oxhey Jets

Hanwell Town 2-1 London Colney

Harefield United 5-2 Biggleswade Town

Holmer Green 1-3 Leverstock Green

Ruislip Manor 1-5 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Tring Athletic 2-0 Langford

Welwyn Garden City 0-3 Hertford Town

BERKS & BUCKS INTERMEDIATE CUP

SEMI FINAL

Stony Stratford Town 0-4 PB (MK)

DIVISION ONE

Amersham Town 1-2 Cranfield United

Ampthill Town 1-2 Haringey Borough

Arlesey Athletic 3-2 Kentish Town

Bedford 1-1 Sun Postal Sports

Bedford Town Reserves 1-5 Royston Town

Buckingham Athletic 1-1 Harpenden Town

New Bradwell St Peter 2-0 Brache Sparta

Winslow United 2-2 Cheshunt Reserves

DIVISION TWO CUP SEMI FINAL

Tring Corinthians 0-0 aet Mursley United

4-5 on penalties

DIVISION TWO

AFC Dunstable 1-4 The 61 FC (Luton)

Aston Clinton 2-0 Crawley Green

Kent Athletic 0-2 Caddington

Old Bradwell United 1-2 Markyate

Padbury United 2-2 Totternhoe

Risborough Rangers 0-1 Pitstone & Ivinghoe

HERTS INTERMEDIATE CUP SEMI FINAL

Kings Langley (1st) 3-1 Broxbourne Boro Res

Well done to Markyate for their first win of the season

Originally Posted By: blues06
some surprises there!!

You can say that again!

How did you let a side like them beat you? Let me guess, the best side you've played this season?

Originally Posted By: Horace
How did you let a side like them beat you?

Horace - Good question although we had already written off at least two points to Arlesey Athletic at Hitchin Road before the season started, it's is a ground we can't buy a win at. They were 2-0 up at the interval and following a roasting from 'the great one' and Hector Varela we pulled it back to 2-2 with two goals from Lee Scott however Arlesey got a late winner following a defensive error. No excuses really and the likes of Royston, Haringey, Stony Stratford and Hoddesdon must be rubbing their hands tonight.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

PREMIER DIVISION
Aylesbury Vale 0-1 St Margaretsbury
Beaconsfield SYCOB 2-0 Brimsdown Rovers
Biggleswade United 0-2 Kingsbury Lndn Tigers
Chalfont St Peter 0-2 Colney Heath
Cockfosters 1-1 Oxhey Jets
Hanwell Town 2-1 London Colney
Harefield United 5-2 Biggleswade Town
Holmer Green 1-3 Leverstock Green
Ruislip Manor 1-5 Broxbourne Boro V&E
Tring Athletic 2-0 Langford
Welwyn Garden City 0-3 Hertford Town
BERKS & BUCKS INTERMEDIATE CUP
SEMI FINAL
Stony Stratford Town 0-4 PB (MK)
DIVISION ONE
Amersham Town 1-2 Cranfield United
Arlesey Athletic 3-2 Kentish Town
Bedford 1-1 Sun Postal Sports
Bedford Town Reserves 1-5 Royston Town
Buckingham Athletic 1-1 Harpenden Town
Winslow United 2-2 Cheshunt Reserves
DIVISION TWO CUP SEMI FINAL
Tring Corinthians 0-0 aet Mursley United
4-5 on penalties
DIVISION TWO
AFC Dunstable 1-4 The 61 FC (Luton)
Aston Clinton 2-0 Crawley Green
Kent Athletic 0-2 Caddington
Old Bradwell United 1-2 Markyate
Padbury United 2-2 Totternhoe
Risborough Rangers 0-1 Pitstone & Ivinghoe
HERTS INTERMEDIATE CUP SEMI FINAL
Kings Langley (1st) 3-1 Broxbourne Boro Res

Well done to Markyate for their first win of the season

LOVE IT!!!! yay yay yay

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Horace - Good question although we had already written off at least two points to Arlesey Athletic at Hitchin Road before the season started, it's is a ground we can't buy a win at. They were 2-0 up at the interval and following a roasting from 'the great one' and Hector Varela we pulled it back to 2-2 with two goals from Lee Scott however Arlesey got a late winner following a defensive error. No excuses really and the likes of Royston, Haringey, Stony Stratford and Hoddesdon must be rubbing their hands tonight.

So fate isn't an excuse - Mmmmm OK.

I'm on record saying to look out for New Bradwell - 3rd now - watch out.

From another's Forum:

The Molten Spartan South Midlands Football League Divsion 1 (step 6).
New Bradwell St Peter 2 - 0 Brache Sparta.

Entrance :- Free (due to being part of the receration public ground).
Programme :- £1.00 (26 pages). Features club info, quizes etc. A good programme.
Tea :- 40p
Cheese or Ham rolls :- 60p

My first visit to New Bradwell St Peter. I thought it was going to be a high scoring game when New Bradwell scored in the first 10 second from kick off! The second was scored around 20 minutes later. It looked to me a third was scored when the Brache keeper threw the ball to a new bradwell player, for him to lob the keeper but it was deemed to go over through a large hole in the top of the net. It looked to me the ball fell into the goal on the front side on the cross bar.
Brache did score but it was ruled out by the ref due to a foul on the keeper. They also came close to scoring in the second half missing a couple of sitters. The wind played havoc with the ball, almost every high ball getting blown out over the sideline!
A good game with New Bradwell St Peter making some nice passing movements. Nice large club house with friendly people. For some reason they cant open the bar while a game is on.

A very important win for 'us' yesterday but was 'Sugar' there as the cricket season is just around the corner:

Borough completed a 2-1 double over the team they will face in the Divisional Cup Final to secure a vital win to keep themselves well placed in the “six pack” currently contesting the two promotion spots. With a fierce wind blowing lengthwise it was always going to be a game of two halves and with the advantage in the opening half Borough duly made all the early running. However the home sides Martin Wells should have given his side the lead in their first real attack as he was left unmarked around the penalty spot but wastefully fired high over the bar. Borough’s speedy front runners were supplied with a stream of penetrating long balls but could often not quite catch up with them as the wind speeded them out of play. But in the 15th minute a ball launched from a very deep position was successfully chased by Karl Lewis and he sent over a fine cross from the right bye-line and Ry Hardy somehow got his head in front of his taller marker to flick it into the roof of the net. Another flowing move in the 23rd minute enabled Borough to double their lead with Lewis being the scorer this time as he again raced in from the right to meet a cross and steer it home from a tight angle. Borough continued to dominate although Ampthill should have reduced the arrears from one of their few chances when with ‘keeper Daniel White stranded a free shot at the unguarded goal was rolled into the side-netting. Ampthill naturally enjoyed more of the possession in the second half and the Borough defence was severely tested but fortunately had tightened up and did not offer any further gifts of the type wasted by the home side in the first half. Borough were now making fewer chances of their own but battled hard in midfield to deny Amthill the space to be too creative. The home sides shooting was often high and wide but they pulled one back in the 80th minute when Borough were caught out by the “quick tap and leave it” routine from a corner and as Hardy belatedly raced out wide to challenge the player who had moved onto the ball he brought him down right on the bye-line. The free kick was driven in at head height and Wells sent a powerful header into the net to set up a nervous finale. Ampthill’s best chance came when a cross reached an unmarked opponent at the far post but he sent his bullet header inches too high. Borough played sensibly to run down the clock but were still forced to come out on top in some dangerous goalmouth scrambles and the match ended with even the home ‘keeper in the Borough penalty area as a corner deep into injury time gave Ampthill one last chance but that too was blocked and hacked away.

Borough squad:- Daniel White, Kieran Donnelly, Lloyd Mirtchell, Mark Maher, Roy Parkyn, Andy Stokes, Karl Lewis, Melvin Thompson, Ry Hardy, Jeremi Lundeya,
Joelle-Leon Phillips,
Substitutes:- Used :- Sam Joiner, Patrick Billong Jammal Duncan
Unused :- Gary Silvera, Daneil Iroegbu

Originally Posted By: blues06

our keeper scored direct from a goal kick today! funny stuff

No complaints as it was the right result in the end as you totally stepped up a gear or two in the second half though we had the better of the first and if we had scored a second who knows. I presume you got the hairdryer treatment at the break and it certainly showed. Okay our keeper was injured and on another day might have done better with the four in the second half but he wasn't helped by the defence doing a passable impression of the Red Sea in front of him.

2 Turning points were a) you guys scoring just before half time with the only attack of note you had in the first half and B) the start of the second when we had a chance one on one and choose not to shoot, the ball is cleared you guys go back up the other end and score.

i agree with everything u said there lato!!

we were awful in the first half and we knew at half time we were very very lucky to come in at 1-1.

To be fair the half time teamtalk was quite lad back and the point was brought up about us only uping our game against top 6 teams and we had to show we could step it up against the rest of the sides!!

Thought we responded well in the 2nd half!

Ruislip reminded me very much of how we were at the start of the season, as soon as u conceded our second goal, ur shape went all over the place and u stopped doin the things u were doin so well in the first half!!

Well done on your win yesterday Blues06 - Keep this up and V&E could be a top 5 team next season.

Our second half at Harefield yesterday wasn't the best day at the office we've had this season. Albeit with a bit of a makeshift defence, we lost our concentration and with 5 minutes to go and 3-2 down pushed on to salvage something and Harefield (isn't Sonner a good player) punished us royally. A bit flattering to them perhaps, but they deserved the win on the day without doubt.

We have to pick ourselves up for a better 90 minutes on Wednesday evening.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Hmm, no mention of Hoddesdon or New Bradwell? I hear that you've been banned from New Bradwell's website after lifting stuff without permission Rhodes?

Originally Posted By: losingmyhair

I hear that you've been banned from New Bradwell's website after lifting stuff without permission Rhodes?

Also another has said that he wants people to link to his forum, not copy/paste as Rhodes likes to do.

HTFCew - Okay but I don't really see the point of linking to Tony's Forum when wishing to refer to a particular post or match report that has been made as our members will then have to trawl through numerous other posts in order to find the one referred to. Tony is bound to request that so when people click on the link it takes them to his Forum whereas the far more efficent copying and pasting method doesn't.

As for the New Bradwell St Peter complaint I would like to know how Losingmyhair knew about that, I did get a snotty e-mail from them as it happens which I will be responding to later this evening, I don't think I have been banned from their Website.