Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 1st March

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Holmer Green 1-3 Leverstock Green

From another's Forum, er good hunting:

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=74417;page=3;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=3034863

TringArmy: On reflection a reasonable game yesterday, when the ball was on the deck we played some good stuff with reasonable chances as it has to be said did you particualy in the 1st half for you, it seemed the wind actually hinded us rather than being benefical.

What position do you play?.. It seemed a different team to at your place and i was surprised Darren Lancaster was on the bench he looked a threat at Watford as his season goal tally would suggest.

The form table certainly backs up the 'no-one should under estimate you' cliche.

Our 1st draw of the season and 3 unbeaten so on reflection i was reasonably happy with the result.. you??

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
HTFCew - Okay but I don't really see the point of linking to Tony's Forum when wishing to refer to a particular post or match report that has been made as our members will then have to trawl through numerous other posts in order to find the one referred to.

Simply right click on the word "shortcut" that Tony has so considerately provided to the left of the required post. Select "copy link location" then paste wherever you want.

McMullen - Actually Winslow have been one of the best teams we've played all season, both away and home last Saturday, and held us to 0-0 at half time before Lee Scott (who else) scored twice on 50 and 67 minutes. I wouldn't read too much into yesterday's result just incase Cheshunt's first team had injuries and Wader's 'friend' Gordon Boateng took some of Officer Dibble's players however the result didn't really surprise me at all after watching Winslow last week.

Rhodes said

"As for the New Bradwell St Peter complaint I would like to know how Losingmyhair knew about that, I did get a snotty e-mail from them as it happens which I will be responding to later this evening, I don't think I have been banned from their Website."

I happen to be firm friends with the New Bradwell Chairman from his Wolverton Town days. They are unhappy that you lifted stuff from their website and posted it on the Royston appoint new manager thread. They believe it makes them look as if they are trying to stir. New Bradwell are a decent club, you are banned from their website.

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
TringArmy: On reflection a reasonable game yesterday, when the ball was on the deck we played some good stuff with reasonable chances as it has to be said did you particualy in the 1st half for you, it seemed the wind actually hinded us rather than being benefical.
What position do you play?.. It seemed a different team to at your place and i was surprised Darren Lancaster was on the bench he looked a threat at Watford as his season goal tally would suggest.
The form table certainly backs up the 'no-one should under estimate you' cliche.
Our 1st draw of the season and 3 unbeaten so on reflection i was reasonably happy with the result.. you??

It always seems to be windy at your place. I was in goal struggling against that wind in the first half with some excellent set pieces being whipped in from wide. The game went with the wind in terms of teritory but the better chances probably fell to the team playing into it.

A point each seemed fair & we were happy with the result. I think we had five 17 year olds in the starting XI and 9 of 11 were 23 or under, so at 30 I'm feeling my age!

Darren's form is very up & down at the moment, awesome one game and anonomous the next. Probably the only time he hasn't started since October when I joined.

Originally Posted By: losingmyhair
I happen to be firm friends with the New Bradwell Chairman from his Wolverton Town days. They are unhappy that you lifted stuff from their website and posted it on the Royston appoint new manager thread. They believe it makes them look as if they are trying to stir. New Bradwell are a decent club, you are banned from their website.

Losingmyhair - I'm confused, firstly why post comments about the brawl at Royston in the first place if they don't want the World and its wife to see it and secondly how can I be banned from a Website when anyone can access it over the World Wide Web. I didn't say that New Bradwell St Peter were trying to stir, you did, and everyone knows they are a decent honest Club who do everything right, I was actually quite taken aback to receive their snotty e-mail out of the blue.

I was annoyed at half time that we weren't capitalising on those set pieces, it sounds as if you like us have no budget and look to progress youth (we had 5 under 20 with another 2 under 22). I hope we can keep the young players together without teams poaching the cream with the promise of a few quid, don't get me wrong if there good enough to up there level fine but don't go to an equivalent level for the sake of £25.

Well done you dealt with the crosses well enough in the first half, grandad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biglaugh

Originally Posted By: tringarmy
Originally Posted By: Mcmullen

It always seems to be windy at your place. I was in goal struggling against that wind in the first half with some excellent set pieces being whipped in from wide. The game went with the wind in terms of teritory but the better chances probably fell to the team playing into it.

A point each seemed fair & we were happy with the result. I think we had five 17 year olds in the starting XI and 9 of 11 were 23 or under, so at 30 I'm feeling my age!

Darren's form is very up & down at the moment, awesome one game and anonomous the next. Probably the only time he hasn't started since October when I joined.

Our Main website is Accessable to the world and its wife but our Forum is only for registered users. This is an where people can discuss things out of the glare of the world. We were discussing the finer points of the Royston V Stony Game as both sets of players drink in the same clubs and apart from the 180 minutes we play each other in a season get on very well. These comments were only viewable to people I have approved and should not be copied and Pasted by Anybody. As you have decided to publish our thoughts to the world You have now lost access to this forum.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Ampthill Town 1-2 Haringey Borough

Borough completed a 2-1 double over the team they will face in the Divisional Cup Final to secure a vital win to keep themselves well placed in the “six pack” currently contesting the two promotion spots. With a fierce wind blowing lengthwise it was always going to be a game of two halves and with the advantage in the opening half Borough duly made all the early running. However the home sides Martin Wells should have given his side the lead in their first real attack as he was left unmarked around the penalty spot but wastefully fired high over the bar. Borough’s speedy front runners were supplied with a stream of penetrating long balls but could often not quite catch up with them as the wind speeded them out of play. But in the 15th minute a ball launched from a very deep position was successfully chased by Karl Lewis and he sent over a fine cross from the right bye-line and Ry Hardy somehow got his head in front of his taller marker to flick it into the roof of the net. Another flowing move in the 23rd minute enabled Borough to double their lead with Lewis being the scorer this time as he again raced in from the right to meet a cross and steer it home from a tight angle. Borough continued to dominate although Ampthill should have reduced the arrears from one of their few chances when with ‘keeper Daniel White stranded a free shot at the unguarded goal was rolled into the side-netting. Ampthill naturally enjoyed more of the possession in the second half and the Borough defence was severely tested but fortunately had tightened up and did not offer any further gifts of the type wasted by the home side in the first half. Borough were now making fewer chances of their own but battled hard in midfield to deny Amthill the space to be too creative. The home sides shooting was often high and wide but they pulled one back in the 80th minute when Borough were caught out by the “quick tap and leave it” routine from a corner and as Hardy belatedly raced out wide to challenge the player who had moved onto the ball he brought him down right on the bye-line. The free kick was driven in at head height and Wells sent a powerful header into the net to set up a nervous finale. Ampthill’s best chance came when a cross reached an unmarked opponent at the far post but he sent his bullet header inches too high. Borough played sensibly to run down the clock but were still forced to come out on top in some dangerous goalmouth scrambles and the match ended with even the home ‘keeper in the Borough penalty area as a corner deep into injury time gave Ampthill one last chance but that too was blocked and hacked away.

Borough squad:- Daniel White, Kieran Donnelly, Lloyd Mirtchell, Mark Maher, Roy Parkyn, Andy Stokes, Karl Lewis, Melvin Thompson, Ry Hardy, Jeremi Lundeya,
Joelle-Leon Phillips,
Substitutes:- Used :- Sam Joiner, Patrick Billong Jammal Duncan
Unused :- Gary Silvera, Daneil Iroegbu

Definitely a game of two halves. The wind and the low blinding sun playing a massive part.

Ampthill had two excellent chances in the first half and against the run of play could have gone in 2-2.

One way traffic in the second half. I was unhappy we could only find the net once.

Should be a close final.

Result of the day

Stony Stratford 0 - PB(MK) 4

Southmidsfan - Did you know that your Reserves were playing at the Copthall Stadium on Saturday, their behaviour was exemplary unlike the First Team when they came to us for the infamous Division 1 cup tie earlier in the season. We are considering asking your Club Secretary for a deposit prior to our league meeting on 29 March so any damage caused can then be deducted, if no deposit is forthcoming we will formally approach the SSML

I was thinking more along the lines of w*nker as there is no way KTFC would ever condone such comments!

Really, you didn't see the mess they made in our boardroom after the Division 1 cup game, it was disgusting

Southmidsfan - Did you know that your Reserves were playing at the Copthall Stadium on Saturday, their behaviour was exemplary unlike the First Team when they came to us for the infamous Division 1 cup tie earlier in the season. We are considering asking your Club Secretary for a deposit prior to our league meeting on 29 March so any damage caused can then be deducted, if no deposit is forthcoming we will formally approach the SSML

Yes I did see that they beat you 1-3.

Are they any good? I haven't had the opportunity to watch them this season.

Half of them were probably with us back in October - you know what it's like in the early rounds of the cup!